Crime

Laying back in his seat, Victor finally took a breath of relief. It had been one week since he had left New York. He was going back right now in his private jet.

The problem in Minnesota was now solved. He closed his eyes thinking of her. There wasn't a moment he hadn't missed her in this week.

The constant calls she made to him and all the worry filled voice messages were giving him a weird kind of satisfaction. "Wine sir?" Anna asked.

"Sure" Victor said as he took out his phone. He wanted to see her. He looked at the time. 1:30 p.m.

It was lunch time. She was probably sitting in her small compartment Victor had assigned to her while eating her lunch.

He started the footage of the CCTV in the compartment only to furrow his eyebrows on not finding her. Where was she?

There wasn't a leave application on her name so Victor knew she was present at work. He switched footages continuously in a desperate attempt of finding her.

Finally, his search halted when he switched to the CCTV camera outside his cabin. There she was, walking out graciously.

But something caught Victor's eyes. Her lips looked extra plump. He recognized the plump as the aftermath of his kisses. But he wasn't there. So who kissed her?

Just then, Nathan walked out behind her. He called out to her and Carina halted in her steps. He walked over and took her hands in his.

Kissing her forehead, Nathan mumbled something in her ear that made her laugh. Then, he wrapped his arm around her waist and the two headed to the cafeteria.

Victor's mood snapped. He saw Nathan kissing her forehead and that made him lose his mind. What were the doing alone in my cabin at this hour? he wondered.

Shifting to the camera inside his cabin, he rewinded the footage back to 20 minutes ago. He saw Nathan entering with files. Nathan went towards the shelves to place them.

He was about to place the last file when Carina walked in with another set of files. Nathan didn't see her. She kept the files and was on her way out when Nathan dropped a couple of other files.

This got Carina's attention and they both striked a conversation. Victor saw Carina starting to help Nathan.

As she bent down to pick up the files, Nathan licked his lips while keeping his gaze on her. Carina, who was oblivious to Nathan's gaze, stood back up with a smile.

Victor's hand turned into a fist on seeing Nathan look at her like that. The last few files remained. Carina struggled to reach the top shelf but successfully did it by climbing on the second shelf.

Nathan looked her way. His eyes suddenly changed into worried ones. The shelf she was standing on was about to break. The next second, Carina lost her balance and fell.

But Nathan was quicker. He immediately dropped the files in his hand and caught her. They both stayed put staring into each other's eyes for a while.

Victor's breath got caught in his lungs on seeing her this close to another man. A file dropped, snapping them both out of it.

Victor let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he saw Nathan keep Carina down. But then, something unimaginable happened.

Nathan walked forward as he trapped Carina between him and the shelf. His hand raised up to touch her cheek.

If possible, Victor's ears would be releasing smoke from the anger he felt. It increased even more when he saw Carina relaxing into his touch.

Slowly, Nathan bent down to Carina's level, their lips too close for Victor's comfort. "Carina don't" Victor mumbled looking at the footage.