His Brokenness

Carina tripped over her own feet as she was dragged with Victor. His long steps and speed were too fast for her to catch up.

Her heart started beating faster than ever as she was pulled down the stairs. The basement door gave her chills.

This was the last place she wanted to be at right now.

Her tears blurred her vision as she was harshly thrown on the basement ground.

Immediately, she tried crawling away from Victor. But her back soon hit a wall.

Surprisingly, Victor didn't say or do anything. He just glared at her. A glare that said 'I will make you pay'.

Then he walked out leaving Carina alone in that dark basement. Suddenly, something clicked in her mind. Nathan was also in here! 

There was absolutely no light in the basement. Carina couldn't see a thing. So she called out for him.

"N-Nathan?" she said, trying to get some sort of response. But it seemed like her voice was too low as there was no reply.

"Nathan?" Carina said a bit louder. This time, there was a hum in response.

Carina was still shaking badly from the events upstairs. But she had to find him.

Her shaking form crawled around the floor, her hand touching every part of the floor trying to search for him.

And she hit it! She successfully found him. By now, Carina's eyes had gotten used to the darkness a bit.

So she could make out Nathan's outline. Nathan cried out in agony when Carina accidently touched his shot leg.

"I-I'm sorry" she immediately apologized. "Its – its fine. Are you o-okay?" he asked her.

Carina's eyes dwelled with tears. No. She was not okay. And now because of her, even Nathan was stuck in this mess.

"F-f-fine" she lied. But Nathan could see right through her. However, seeing the situation, he didn't say anything.

"Since ho-how long?" he asked her referring to the situation with Victor.

"The day we left for Ca-California" she said. Nathan didn't say anything. He was in too much pain to speak.

But Carina took it the wrong way. "Nathan please, don't be mad at me. Please! I'm really sorry" she broke down.

"No please don't cry. I'm not mad at you. Relax" Nathan immediately said when he heard her breaking down.

Carina just cried even louder. "You're in the mess because of me! I'm at fault here! Why aren't you mad? You must hate me right now" she said now putting her head in her hands.

"No Carina. This isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself. I know you would never do or support such a thing" he comforted her, now finding her shoulder to keep a hand on.

"You don't understand, I slept with him" she sobbed out. Nathan's eyes widened at that. He removed his hand from her shoulder.

"You what?" he asked, shocked. "It wasn't my choice. He forced me. But I still did it" she cried harder.

"So he.....raped you?" Nathan asked. She muttered a small yes. "Why didn't you go to the police?" he asked, the pain in his shoulder and leg now reducing.

"He had my consent" she said. Nathan furrowed his eyebrows. "But didn't you just say –"

"He blackmailed me" Carina cut him off. "He said it was either me with him or my sister with 3 men" she sobbed remembering those events.