Chapter 30: Aftermath

So the battle has come to an end but now they have to see what their battle has done to the world...

Will it be fixable?

Or forever damaged?

A week has passed since the Battle of Oracle, however the fighting between Aphrodite and Zeref caused forests to wither and lakes to dry up.

"Well at least no towns or anything were destroyed." Lucy said sitting down at the bar with a strawberry smoothie.

"Yeah, but forests and lakes were destroyed we have to do something or that can cause long term issues for towns that rely on those resources." I explained and sat down next to her putting my head on top of my hands.

"That's true we can't just ignore the damage we've caused..." Mira said and set her tray of beers down.

"Hey you forget that there's a bunch of dragon slayers who can help with those issues." I looked back and saw Azure, Lily, and Chloe standing there.

"Are you all willing to go do that?" I asked.

"Of course! I hope you don't mind us stealing Lily for a little while, she's going to be very helpful in making the forests bloom again." Chloe said hugging the Earth Dragon Slayer lightly.

"As long as you bring her back safely, then I'm not mad at all." I said smiling.

"We will that's a promise." Azure said and turned with the other two girls.

"Well this is where we say goodbye to everyone else." Chloe said and ran off to say goodbye to the other dragon slayers and friends she made.

I'm so proud of all of them. They took it upon themselves to fight for what they believed in.

"Hey Crystal, Sting looks like he wants to talk to you." I looked across the guildhall and saw Sting standing there signaling for us to go outside.

"See you girls later." I said waving my hand back as I crossed the guildhall, stopping in front of Sting.

"I want to talk to you alone for a little bit." I felt a blush creep into my cheeks.

"Ooooooh she liiiiiiiiikes him!" Happy said coming in between us.

"Shut up!!!" I said knocking him away from us. I saw Sting trying not to laugh.

I put my hands on my hips.

"Do you want to talk or laugh at me?" I said walking out of the guild. I heard Sting rush out after me.

"Hey don't leave me behind." I looked at him and grabbed his hand.

"I wouldn't dream of it." I saw a blush form in his cheeks. "Why Sting if I didn't know any better I would have thought you were blushing." This of course made him blush harder and he looked away from me.

"Stop teasing me." I giggled and let go of his hand and rushed towards the stream that me and Gray had agreed to be each other's siblings at. "Hey wait up!" Sting called after me, but I didn't stop till I was at the edge of the water.

"I love this place, this is where I became friends with Gray, where I gained a brother and where I realized that I could trust my guildmates with anything." I said looking at my reflection.

"Well then you might have to add one more thing to that list..." I turned and looked at Sting who was looking at me with a look that I'd never really seen on him before.

"What's that?" I asked confused.

"Crystal, I care about you a lot and we may be young but I love you. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" He got down to one knee and held up a ring.

Tears streamed down my face.

"Sting... Yes!" I hugged him tightly and finally let him put the ring on my finger.

"I love you." He said kissing me gently.

"I love you too."

Such a wonderful way to end a chapter right? ^_^ I hope that pleased some people. :)