• Perfect Storm • | 32 |

November

November

"Astoria? Astoria wake up." I'm shaken awake by a force that I'm all too familiar with.

I jump up from the comfort of my and Lewis' shared king-sized bed. I look to see James looking down at me with a worried face looking down at me. His body language screams 'apprehension'.

When he sees that I'm now fully awake, he begins to pace the room. His breath begins to speed up and he waves his hand in his face in an attempt to cool himself down.

I get up from the bed now worried myself, and walk over to him. I place my hands on his shoulders to stop him from pacing and go to ask what happened but before I can, he opens his mouth and reads my mind.

"I-Its Lewis. He's g-gone. He's missing." his voice cracks and breaks as he says the words I'm sure he's been dreading since this whole Keith thing began.

My jaw drops, my eyes widen, and my hands move to my mouth. I slowly step back from him before finding the voice to ask more.

"What do you mean he's gone?" I ask, praying with all of my heart that he isn't gone.

He sniffles and moves around the room with a duffle bag in his hand. He collects things of Lewis's like underwear, a change of clothes, his toothbrush, etc.

"He's in the hospital, I got a call this morning. He left after our father, I told him not to g-go. Fuck where is my phone?" he scrambles.

I point to his back pocket without making a sound, still shocked at the words I just heard. Lewis is in the hospital? I wonder what happened. I know he's strong-headed and likes to do things on his own accord but what made him think he had to do this alone?

"I have to go to the hospital to make s-sure my brother is okay. Our assistant should be here soon to keep an eye on you. And bring gas for the emergency bike."

The only part of that I heard was the part where he wants me to stay. "Why would I stay here when my boyfriend is in the hospital?" I ask, my voice slightly raising.

He looks at me with glassy eyes. "I can't do this right now. I need to see my brother," he says, on the verge of crying. He tosses the duffle over his shoulder and turns.

"Fine, well we better get going then, hm?" he sighs In defeat and I hurry to put on clothes that won't get me arrested for public indecency.

After I'm dressed I grab my phone and we head downstairs to the back of the house where a motorcycle leans on the kickstand against the wall. He pours in the gas that his assistant brought over and gets on the bike.

He hands me a helmet and revs the engine before we shoot off into the long single road.

•••

It feels like hours of driving before we reach civilization again and park In the hospital garage.

He shuts off the bike and hops off, me right behind him. Or at least I try, he's walling so fast I'm sure he'd win a track race. I have to practically jog to keep up.