• Perfect Storm • | 10 |

September

September

I hear the door creak and immediately stop talking. I rush to the door and swing it open looking around the space.

"Stay here, don't fucking move." I glare at the son of a bitch standing in front of me with my finger pointing at him.

I walk out and slam the door behind me. I hear running on the stairs so know it's Astoria.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself and make my way up to her room.

Once I get to her door I knock.

No answer.

I knock again.

No answer.

Fuck it. I walk into her room and see her under the blankets. I smile to myself."Belissima?" I say in a hushed voice but loud enough for her to hear me. Though she doesn't answer I know she's up.

I sigh, walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge."Bellissima, I know you're awake." I say and as if she knew she had been caught, she slowly sits up on the bed."I'm sorry. I just heard yelling and I wanted to make sure you were ok." I tilt my head and take her hand in mine.

"I'm fine, how much did you hear?" I ask while rubbing comforting circles on her hands so she knows I'm not mad. At her anyways.

"I didn-"

I shake my head. I know it was her but I need to know how much she heard. I don't want her to be worried. She already has a hard time sleeping, I don't want to add onto her plate with this."Tell me the truth." She sighs in defeat."I heard you yelling at someone saying it was 5 am. I heard everything after that but I don't know what it was about." A wash of relief passes me that she hadn't heard too much. I'm still figuring out what that asshole did to her but I don't want her knowing.

"Okay, get some sleep bambina." I move to get up from the bed when she grabs my wrist."Is it about me?" I sigh once again. I look into her eyes to find so much emotion swimming through them. Not only the good ones.

I sit back down and lay my hand on her thigh."No, it was just about one of my employees doing something wrong. It's nothing for you to be worried about okay?" She smiles softly putting her head down with a nod.

I know what she's doing. She's telling herself this is her fault in her head. I'm starting to really learn and understand her behaviors and feelings.

I put my finger under her chin lifting it up to look at me."Don't do that." Her eyebrows scrunch together and she tilts her head slightly. "What are you t-talking about? D-don't do what?" Like that. Her stutter, she does it when she's nervous or uncomfortable. She does it more around others though.

"I know what your thinking. Look, none of this is your fault okay? But I do need you to promise me you'll sleep." It's not like I'm trying to keep anything from her but I don't like how much she's been working. Since she quit her job at the restaurant she takes more hours at the club and it leaves her exhausted. I told her not to work so much but she won't listen. Plus I know she has insomnia even if she won't tell me. I hear her most nights in the kitchen around 3 am, or in her room moving around a lot.