• Perfect Storm • | 17 |

October

October

I hit the send button at the left of my screen in hopes for a lawyer by the end of the day.

Both Astoria and James think a lawyer is needed but I think it's a lost cause. There's no point in using the law against him when he's not even fighting legally. Nothing about what he's doing is legal.

Keith was always a terrible person. Me and James never experienced a healthy family relationship. After our mother died which was the day I was born, we never felt nurtured or cared for. I never got to meet her. Keith blamed James for our mother's death, said he made her unhealthy, he took it hard and joined a gang. Started doing drugs and alcohol like it was his air.

He'd yell at us and control us, make us do god awful things. When I was about 3 and James 5, the abuse started. It happened mostly for James but he'd occasionally hit me too.

Now he's at a ranking in his gang where he could get whatever he wanted at the snap of his finger.

With all of what's happened, I'd understand why Astoria wouldn't understand because I haven't told her everything, but James? It's like he just erased it from his memory.

My thoughts fade away as a notification pops up on my computer.

It's an email.

I click on the notification and open the response email from one of the lawyers I've reached out to. There was a total of 6 lawyer's that I reached out to. I really wouldn't even care if it weren't for Astoria. I find myself always doing anything in my power to make her happy, and if getting a lawyer will do that then I'm fine with however I have to get there. There are many fine established lawyers in Norchester, if I have to get a lawyer it's going to be the best there is.

Marshall Donmon,

Thank you for the email, id be happy to represent you in the court of law. If we could set up details to meet somewhere, we can talk business.

I quickly type up a response to his email,

Lewis Montgomery,

We can meet at this address, on Thursday.
Lifetime Investments.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I sit back in my chair, releasing a heavy sigh as I do. At least that's out of the way, for the past few weeks I've felt like my life has just been a tornado on repeat. Thing after thing. It's exhausting. I throw my head back on my home office chair with my legs spread as I softly twist the chair back and forth.

My head pops up when there's a knock at the door. "Come in," I yell loud enough for whoever's on the other side to hear. As the door swings open, the atmosphere immediately shifts to a lighter tone. "Are you busy?" Astoria's soft voice echoes through the room, her body covered in a small pair of shorts and what looks like one of my button ups.