• Perfect Storm • | 22 |

November

November

"I thank you, Mr. Montgomery, for meeting with us today. I believe we could do wonders with the ideas and plans we have."

I'm meeting with possible clients for LI. Even though my company might be going under, my era will end in triumph.

I twirl the pen between my fingers as I softly swivel in my chair, listening to the possible clients speaking through the computer in front of me. "And I believe what I've seen so far is something I'd like to invest in. Persuade me and you'll have the empire you dream of." I lean back in my chair, ready to either be blown away or end the group call with one less client.

"We intend to. With your help, Norchester will have the world's greatest Luxury hotels in time." They begin telling me their plans and what they'd get done and the amount of time it would take to get everything done.

We've been here in Merlanda for a few days now and this is the 3rd online meeting I've had. For me that's not a lot, the last years we've been here I had work piled on work.

I'd say I was upset about the lack of work but that would be a lie, I can't lie and say I'm not enjoying the extra time I'm getting to spend with Astoria.

Waking up to her head on my chest with her leg tossed lazily over mine with the blanket entirely on her side, it's like a dream. Each morning I pinch myself just to make sure what I'm experiencing isn't my eyes playing tricks on me.

Her soft curly brown hair in a cloud around her, her smooth honey skin glistening under the sun that peeks through the thick grey curtains that hang from the ceiling to floor windows, her beautiful face that scrunches together every time I move or make a loud noise.

She's Perfect.

"-And I know with all of those who have the same idea, ours will not only bring life to Norchester but also bring tourists." My focus settles on the words being spoken and I set my pen down crossing my arms on the table.

A knock sounds at the door. I don't say anything and just keep my attention on the men on the screen to not miss anything important.

Again.

Three soft knocks on the door but I'm sure it's just James so I don't respond to the knocks on the door. "Of course, I love the confidence that you hold in the-"

The door swings open and as soon as it shuts I hear the door lock. She walks over to me and stops at the side of me, looking down at the screen in front of me. She grabs the stack of yellow sticky notes on my desk and the pen that I was just twirling around.

She scribbles words on the small piece of paper before ripping it from the stack and handing it to me. I look down at the paper and read its contents.

I'm bored.
I want attention.

I scrunch my eyebrows apologetically and crumble the paper up, tossing it into the can next to me. "I'm sorry I can't right now," I whisper, and the sudden voice makes me jump.