• Perfect Storm • | 7 |

September

September

I pace my office for the 7th time today. Suddenly my phone rings and I rush to my desk picking it up and immediately answering.

"Talk to me." I say to the person on the line knowing it was James."I asked around the office and a few recognized the picture I showed them, but they said he'd looked different when he was asking them questions." He said with almost as much annoyance as me. I sigh and curse under my breath.

"Okay, did they mention what questions he was askin-" I'm cut off by a knock that echoes off of the walls in the room. I sigh in frustration but not because of Astoria but because of the shit hole I've been thrown into by the universe. The knock comes again.

"I have to go, get statements from everyone who claimed to have seen him." I hang up and walk over to the door opening it to find Astoria turning away from the door as if she were leaving. When she notices I opened the door she looks at me with an apologetic look."I'm sorry, I shouldn't have bothered you." She looks down at her feet and fully turns away.

I grab her upper arm gently pulling her back."You don't have to apologize. I wasn't busy I was just reading through some old emails." I dont want to lie to her but the situation at hand may be a bit scary in her eyes and I don't want to cause her to panic.

Im fixing the issue.

Her face lifts and she nods, blush creeping onto her smooth brown cheeks."What did you need, bambina?" I ask while putting my hand on her back and guiding her into my office."Um, th-there isn't an-anything in the kitchen and I'm g-getting hungry. I was j-just wondering if we co-could order something." I cant tell if she stutters because she's nervous with me, or because she's not comfortable with me. Or feels unsafe. Either way, I want her to know she can trust me.

I softly grab her waist pulling her closer to me."How about we go out to eat? Does that sound good?" I aim the question toward her left ear in a calming yet low tone and I feel a shiver run through her since my hand is still on her back.

"Yes." Is all she says and when she does it sounds like her voice is caught in her throat. I was trying to make her knees weak. Mission accomplished I guess. More effective ways to come through.

"Get dressed and meet me in the living room in 30 minutes, okay?" She nods her head and heads to her room. I haven't shown her the entire penthouse yet. For some reason, the only rooms she knows are the living room, kitchen, her bedroom and the bathroom. My office is a new edition. I don't think she wants to overstep but what's mine is hers now.

The restaurant I'm planning to take her to is owned by a client of mine. Well, he's more of a friend than a client. He swore I'd always have a table ready and that I'd receive the service I 'Deserve'. A bit dramatic seeing as all I did was fund the man's business, he did an amazing job with everything else. His restaurant is the most exclusive, expensive, and best quality food in Norchester. Do you know how many restaurants are in this city? I'll skip the math and just say a lot.