• Perfect Storm • | 31 |

November

November

"I know where he's hiding."

The five words that seem to stop time. Five simple words that cause both mine and J's hearts to skip a beat.

We give each other a look that says a thousand words in a thousand ways. The pen that was in my hand is now on the floor, forgotten and discarded.

"Where?" James practically forces the words from the back of his throat, reading my mind.

"It's a place not far from the city but on the outskirts. A truck stop hotel. I've tracked the records and his name has been signed in at the hotel since last month. The hotel's name is 'Norchester Truck Hotel'. Before that, it was a hotel across from the 'Club Havana' called 'Haven Resort Casino'." He flips through documents and reads the highlighted portions.

So that's how he knows about Astoria. He saw me leaving with her after her shift.

He's a fucking snake and he'll do any and every fucking thing to get what he wants. As long as he's happy no one else matters. And now he wants to ruin our lives just for the fucking fun of it.

I let out a long sigh. Before I could even think of a response to everything he just said he opens his mouth to say more.

"It seems that he doesn't stay in one place for long. I haven't figured out if he's planning to relocate soon and I don't know if he has a team with him." I shake my head at his last words.

"No, he's a fucking idiot. He likes his space, he wouldn't want anyone with him." I run my hand through my hair frustratingly. All of this because he's an egotistical asshole who thinks the world is supposed to bow at his feet just because the people who work for him are pussies who can't stand up for themselves.

"Yea, but I'm almost positive he has them on standby," James says as he leans against the wall behind him, tilting his head up at the ceiling.

"If he's bouncing around, then he must expect us to be looking for him. I say we fuck him over before he can do it to us." I say as I stand up, pushing my chair back. I turn to the door to leave but before I can swing the door open, James grabs my arm.

"Do you really think we should just ambush a mafia boss?" he whisper yells knowing Astoria is sleeping in the room right above us.

I shake my head and grit my teeth. "No, I think we should ambush our father." his titles and ranks don't mean shit to me. He'll always be a pathetic excuse of a father to me.

"Think about this man. You go there and then what, die in an instant? You don't know what you're doing, little brother." but that's where he's wrong.

"I'm no longer a helpless little boy. And your wrong, I have thought about this, for 20 long years. Day in, and day out. I'm not waiting any longer." I try to leave again but his grip tightens.