29 - drop it

Bertha turned out to be a huge truck with bull horns in the front. Jorge was driving, Newt in the passenger seat. He turned around and smiled at you, looking like a kid who just got a piece of their favorite candy.

You were stuck between Minho and Aris, though you didn't mind. Jorge stopped the car in front of several other cars blocking the road. Aris opened the door and helped you climb out of Bertha.

"Well, I guess we're on foot." Jorge spoke, walking towards the cars. He searched the trunks for anything useful, but didn't find anything.

You sat down in the car that was in the very front and tried starting the engine, put it didn't work. Jorge walked up next to you and looked at you through the window.

"What do you think it is?" he asked, referring to the fact the engine didn't start. "Probably a spark plug, there's still fuel." you mumbled, making him nod in agreement.

When walking to Marcus' compound, he'd told you all about stuff he was interested in when he grew up, such as cars and how there were built.

You exited the car and walked towards Newt who was looking into the passenger seat of another car. Suddenly, a gun shot went off, making you pull Newt behind the car.

"Take cover!"

"Hey, is everyone okay out there?" your brother asked. "We're fine!" Teresa answered. You, Minho and Newt exchanged glances, making sure the other ones were okay.

"Anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt asked, his eyes scanning the mountains. Another round of shots were fired, making you cover your head.

"Everybody! Get set to sprint back to the truck! And hold your ears!" Jorge exclaimed. Carefully, you got to your feet, still in a crouching position.

Suddenly, a female voice spoke up. "Drop it. Now! I said drop it! On your feet, let's go!" she ordered as another woman appeared beside her. Slowly, all of you stood up, not wanting to make any sudden movements.

"Let's go! Move! Back up! You three, over here, now!" she screamed, looking towards you. You slowly walked up to the others, your hands raised in surrender.

"Aris?" she spoke, furrowing her eyebrows. She pulled down the bandana that was covering her face, looking towards said boy. "Oh, my god! Harriet!"

"My god. What the hell are you doing here?" Harriet asked, pulling Aris in a hug. The other woman pulled down her bandana as well before hugging Aris. "Sonya!"

"Aris, you're lucky we didn't shoot your dumb ass. You all right, man?" she laughed, closing her eyes. "How..." Aris mumbled, still processing who was standing in front of him.

"Uh... what's happening?"

"We were in the maze together." Aris exclaimed. Harriet put her fingers between her lips, releasing a loud whistle. "We're clear, guys! Come on out!"

Dozens of people appeared on top of the mountains, calling out to others that you were clear. Sonya and Harriet led you through the mountains towards trucks.

"Back it up, Joe!" Sonya called out. You followed right behind her. "We're taking them to base." Harriet explained to someone who was walking by.

"Wait, so, how did you guys get here?" Aris asked his friend. "The Right Arm got us out." Harriet explained, putting her hand on the handle of a car door.

"Wait. The Right Arm? Do you know where they are?" Thomas asked. Harriet opened the door and gestured her head towards the car.

"Hop in."