34 - don't rush me

Six months. That's how long it took to come up with a plan to rescue Minho, Sonya, Aris, and all the other kids WCKD took. You'd gone over dozens of plans and scenarios before you found one that could actually work. It had to.

You were hiding behind a small hill with Newt, waiting for Thomas, Vince, Brenda and Jorge to arrive. Peaking over the edge of the hill, you could see the train coming closer.

An explosion went off, half of the train continued going, the other half stopped with Thomas and Vince jumping off. You ran up to the train with Newt, him carrying his equipment.

He started working on the train while you opened your bag and pulled out a gun. Positioning yourself in front of Newt, you tried covering for him.

Thomas and Vince climbed on top of the train and positioned ropes on each end so the train could be carried off. "Newt, how you doing?" Thomas asked from above.

"Don't rush me."

The guards moving towards you started firing, making you shoot back at them. "Newt, Y/N, get up here!" Thomas ordered. "Almost there." Newt answered.

"Hold your breath."

Once Newt was done, he started climbing onto the train, closely followed by you. You lay down in the front, your gun positioned on the roof. Newt was next to you, Thomas next to him.

"Where are they?" Newt asked, referring to Brenda, Jorge, Fry, and Harriet. "I don't know." Thomas answered, firing at the guards. "Your aim's gotten better." Newt commented, looking at you.

"Are you saying I was a bad shooter before?"

"What? N-no, I just-"

You laughed at his reaction. "Calm down, I know what you meant." Suddenly, the Berg appeared above you, a hook being lowered towards you.

You attached the ropes to it right before Vince joined you on top of the train and the Berg started lifting you. You and Thomas shot the remaining guards before you couldn't see them anymore.

You hugged Vince and Thomas, pulling Newt close to you and kissing him. "Welcome home, Minho."