21 - escaping

Once you exited the vents, Thomas was already trying to figure out which way to go. "Okay, let's go." he spoke. "You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris said, looking at Thomas.

"What are you talking about?" you asked, standing next to Newt. "Trust me, it's important. You guys wanna get outta here, right? Just go." Aris answered.

"I'll go with him." Winston said, following Aris back into the vents. "You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asked. "You don't wanna know where we'd be without him."

Turning a corner, you bumped into Dr. Crawford, the woman you had the checkup with. "What are you kids doing out?" she asked with a frown.

"Searching for the toilet." you spoke, though it wasn't very convincing. Suddenly, the alarms started blaring, telling her everything she needed to know.

You started running through the facility with her. Coming to a crossing, a guard started shooting at you. "Why are they shooting at us?" Fry asked. "These bullets are probably not lethal, we're too valuable for them." you screamed back at him.

You ran the other way when Minho stopped and turned around. "Minho! What the hell are you doing?" you screamed. He started running and slammed the guard, who had just turned a corner, into the wall, knocking him unconscious.

You ran up to him, the others following after you. "Shit, Minho." Newt mumbled, looking down at the guard. You picked up the guard's gun and checked it for ammo, handing the gun to your brother.

"Okay. Let's go. Come on. Let's go." he mumbled, pulling Dr. Crawford along. Arriving at your destination, she opened the door. "Dr. Crawford, are you here to-?"

Thomas pushed her in, gun raised. "Where is she? Where is she?!" he asked the doctors, who looked at a curtain separating the room, their hands shaking in fear.

He handed the gun to Minho before pulling the curtain aside, revealing an unconscious Teresa. "Get over! Get down!" Minho ordered, the doctors obeying.

While Thomas was helping Teresa, you, Newt and Minho tied the doctor's arms and legs together. "You're not gonna get away with this." one of the doctors spoke. "We'll see."

"Guys? They're coming! Where do we go?" Fry asked, looking through the door's window. "Frypan, move." Newt ordered before blocking the door.

"Get back! Get back! We gotta get outta here!" Minho screamed, holding the gun towards the door. At the same time, Thomas and you spotted a window behind you.

You both grabbed a chair and banged them against the glass, breaking it. Thomas and Newt crawled over immediately before your boyfriend helped you over as well. Minho handed the gun back to Thomas.

When everyone was over, you started running again. Opening a door, a guard stood in your way. Thomas shot him, electrocuting the guard. Fry nodded at you, remembering that you said the bullets probably weren't lethal.

"Shit. Okay, come on!" Thomas mumbled before running again. You grabbed Newt's hand, scared the others would be too fast because of his limp. You knew he could hold his own, yet you were constantly scared of loosing or getting separated from him.

You ran down a hallway ending in a huge door. "There it is! There it is!" your brother spoke. Reaching the door, he swiped the card before realizing it didn't work.

"Shit! Come on! No, no, no!" he mumbled, repeatedly swiping the card. "Thomas!" Janson spoke from behind you, making your brother turn around.

He grabbed the gun he had handed to you when he started swiping the card, pointing it at Janson. "Open this door, Janson!" Thomas ordered while Janson put his hands up.