THIRTY

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTYI should be happier now, so why do I feel this quiet?

CHAPTER THIRTY
I should be happier now, so why do
I feel this quiet?

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET WAS BUSY adding marshmallows to her hot chocolate when she heard arguing voices.

Her eyebrows knit in confusion for a moment, turning in the direction of the dining room before sighing. Obviously in the time that she had gone into the kitchen, the two of them had managed to fall into a new kind of argument. Juliet picked up her mug, leaving the bag of marshmallows behind as she walked back into the living room.

"Do you have a problem with me?" Barry asked.

Wally zipped up his backpack. "Who could have a problem with you? You're Barry, right? You're perfect. Never do anything wrong. Always this, always that."

Juliet put her mug down on the table. "I leave to get a drink for two seconds. What the fuck happened?"

Both of them ignored her. Figures.

"Wally," Barry protested.

"I mean, take a look around you, man," Wally continued. "You're in every picture in this room. You know, thanks for your help, but I'll just take care of this myself."

He went to leave, only for the ceiling to literally get torn apart, sending wood and plaster to the floor. Juliet felt Barry wrap his arms around her waist and pull her into him, taking her away from the gigantic hole that was being made in the ceiling. She looked up in shock to see an extremely tall shark standing above her, and her eyes widened.

"Where's the Flash?" King Shark demanded. "I know the Flash is here."

Juliet heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She turned, only to see Iris and Joe coming towards them. Joe had his gun pulled — as if it would do anything against King Shark — while Iris just stared at the Metahuman in horror.

"I can smell him."

"Everybody get out!" Joe ordered.

"Come on," Barry urged. "All right, come on."

Iris turned and raced up the stairs, Juliet and Barry right behind him. Wally started to follow, but he stayed on the stairs. Joe shot at King Shark, but the bullets did basically nothing but cause him to growl in anger.