FIFTEEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER FIFTEENdon't blame me, love made mecrazy (he's actually just a stalkerthough)

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
don't blame me, love made me
crazy (he's actually just a stalker
though)

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

WATCHING BARRY RUN on the treadmill was always something that managed to cause Juliet's mind spin a little. Watching him, the boy who had practically ran his whole life, run that fast with lightning surrounding him? Yeah, okay, sue her for thinking it was dizzying.

With the impending prospect of Zoom hanging around, they were doing everything they could to get better. In other words, Juliet had to get more powerful, and Barry had to get faster. They took turns training — because, as promised, Juliet would not be left out this time. Juliet could feel herself growing stronger and stronger each day, feeling more confident in her powers, but Barry . . .

"He just hit thirteen-seventy-five," Caitlin announced.

"What's the fastest Barry's run?" Harry asked.

"Little over Mach two, when he ran back in time."

"That's not good." He then turned on the microphone. "That's good, Barry." The treadmill and Barry slowed to a stop. "We have our work cut out for us."

Barry came back into the medbay, breathing a little heavy as he settled next to Juliet. "I'm not getting faster, am I?"

"Well . . ." Caitlin began.

"No, you're not," Harry stated.

"All right, well, let's fix this, right?" Barry urged. "I mean, I can't beat Zoom at this speed. It felt like I was standing still next to him."

"Well, that's because you practically were. Zoom is at least three, four times faster than you at this point."

Juliet blinked at him. "Remind me to never come to you if I need optimism."

"How is he so much faster than Barry is and Jay was?" Caitlin questioned.

"Physiology, form, strength, could be a number of things," Harry revealed. "Attitude, diet."

"Okay, all right, well, there's got to be something we can do about it, so let's just figure it out," Barry said. "Fast, okay? I've got plans with Juliet."

Juliet's eyebrows knit in confusion as Barry took her hand and started to tug her with him. "We do?"

Barry squeezed her hand. "Yeah, it's date night. This is me asking you on one."

"Does it involve a couch we can sit on?"

He smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Whatever you want."