SIX

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER SIXbarry goes rogue (not really

CHAPTER SIX
barry goes rogue (not really . . .
still a ray of sunshine)

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THE NEXT MORNING, they were called to a new crime scene for a person who had been killed. Juliet walked into the crime scene between Barry and Joe, squinting slightly through the sun.

Patty was waiting for them. "Don't worry, sir. I waited for you this time. Okay, I may have done a quick preliminary assessment of my own. Something is definitely weird."

She walked up to the body. Patty lifted up the yellow tarp, only to reveal a body without a head. Juliet blinked in shock.

"Oh," Joe commented.

"Decapitation," Barry announced.

Patty nodded. "Yeah."

"Yikes."

"We're still recovering parts of the head, so the ID is taking a little longer than normal." She then stumbled backwards. "Ah! Ugh. Sorry, I thought I stepped on an ear. I didn't. If I did, I'd be hearing things."

Joe blinked at her. "Oh, hell no."

Juliet laughed a little and put down her CSI case, taking out a pair of gloves.

"Doesn't look like the head was sliced off with any weapon I'm familiar with, and I'm familiar with most weapons," Patty told them.

"No, you're definitely right," Juliet agreed, staring at the body intently. "The perforation around the neck's too jagged. Kind of looks like the head was blown off."

"Mind blown?" Barry suggested.

Juliet elbowed his side, but a small smile crept onto her face. "Quiet, you."

"Like a Metahuman who can explode heads, right?" Patty suggested.

"No, not necessarily," Barry responded. He then pulled out one of the readers from Juliet's case, and it immediately started to beep. "Traces of thermite."

"Bomb residue?"

"Exactly," Juliet answered.

"But then why wasn't the rest of the body blown apart?" Patty asked.

"Not sure."

Joe walked back up to them. "The victim is David Rutenberg, security systems expert, and guess who's on his list of known associates."

Barry looked at him. "Hmm?"

"Lewis Snart."

Juliet rolled her eyes. Of course.