TWELVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWELVEand while you're bleeding onyour back in the glass

CHAPTER TWELVE
and while you're bleeding on
your back in the glass . . .

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

SECRET IDENTITIES WERE meant to be kept, well, secret. Keeping the circle tight of who truly knew about the Flash and Scarlet was absolutely crucial — but in this case, Barry had ultimately convinced Juliet that this was the only way Linda acting as Doctor Light could work.

She had to trust them fully. And trusting people behind a mask was hard.

Juliet teleported into the West house while Barry sped in, opening the door as he did so. It was dim, and Linda was typing on her computer — no doubt writing an article for work.

Linda turned to them, hearing the gust of wind. "Look, I'm sorry I'm a terrible supervillian. I don't need you two to come here and make me feel worse."

"That's not why we're here," Barry replied, shutting the door.

"Doesn't matter. I — I can't do this. I just don't have it in me."

Juliet decided to let Barry do the talking, considering he spent more time with Linda than she had. She leaned against the railing on the stairs, crossing her arms across her chest. Barry brushed past her, and through the dark, their eyes met. Juliet gave him a soft smile

"That's not true," Barry protested. "You're one of the strongest women I've ever met. You can do anything."

"And you know that about me based on what, exactly?" Linda asked.

"Linda, you are trusting us. So we need to trust you fully. I know that you can do this . . ." Barry then pulled down the hood of his suit and stopped vibrating his voice. "Because I know you."

Juliet took off her mask. "'Sup."

Linda stared at them in shock. "Holy crap. I've made out with the Flash." She then focused her attention on Juliet, and her eyes widened. "Shit, Juliet, I didn't mean to say that."

She shrugged casually. "I'd brag about it, too."

Barry slowly looked at her. "Juliet."

"Don't look at me like that." Juliet pushed herself off of the railing and looked at Linda, giving her a small smile. "I know it's your choice, but you can do it."

Linda ended up agreeing. Even if she wasn't fully prepared, there wasn't any time to waste. She got in Doctor Light's suit and teleported with Juliet down to the docks. They had staged a whole production — Linda would knock out Juliet, then her and Barry would engage in combat, then she would kill Barry, and then she would throw his emblem into the breach.