ONE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER ONEmosaic broken hearts

CHAPTER ONE
mosaic broken hearts

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET ST. JAMES remembered the ache in her muscles, the raging headache, and how exhausted she was as she fell onto her knees on that rooftop, watching the singularity that had almost ceased their entire existence disappear. She remembered how she barely had enough energy to teleport back down to the ground, but she did, only to basically collapse on the ground next to her also exhausted boyfriend.

She remembered only seeing Professor Stein and no Ronnie Raymond, and she remembered the cries that Caitlin Snow had let out after realizing she lost her husband once again, for good this time.

It seemed like a long stretch of months always had a way of flipping Juliet's life upside down. Last time, she had been in a coma for nine months and woke up with extraordinary powers. This time, the singularity had been stopped six months ago, and everything had changed.

Barry Allen was incredibly stubborn. This was a known fact — at times it could be endearing, but in this specific case, it was driving Juliet up the fucking wall. He had decided that all of this was his fault — Eddie Thawne's death (who sacrificed himself so that Eobard Thawne, the Reverse Flash, would never exist), Ronnie's death (who sacrificed himself to save the city), the singularity that happened because he never fully went back in time to save his mother. And by taking the blame, he fully separated himself from everyone — Joe West, Iris West, Cisco Ramon, Caitlin.

(Except for Juliet. For some reason, he could not just let her go. Maybe it's because she was also stubborn.)

That meant that Team Flash and Scarlet was disbanded. Barry had basically driven all of them to go their separate ways, even though it didn't work for Juliet because they worked the same job. However, when there were Metahumans that popped up, Barry never gave Juliet a heads-up and always went by himself, so that the iconic superhero duo was reduced to solo, no matter how hard Juliet tried to fight it.

Juliet, on the other hand, always tended to lean on her friends when things got tough. That was just the way she was. So even though Barry started to pull away, Juliet found herself always spending time with Joe, Iris, and Cisco. Not much Caitlin — she had also secluded herself due to the death of Ronnie, unlike Iris, who clung to Juliet tighter due to the death of Eddie.

She really just wanted Barry to understand that she felt everything he felt, too. It was hard, because his stubbornness made him not want to listen. Of course Juliet felt guilty. The stress weighed on her, and many nights were left sleepless. Yet every time she tried to talk to Barry about it, he just shut her down.