FIVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER FIVE
golden glider

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse

JULIET WAS SITTING in her lab with Barry. While he was running tests over in the corner with chemicals, Juliet was sitting at her desk, typing up a report. Her knees were tucked into her chest as she sat, her eyes trained on the bright screen. Suddenly, her phone buzzed next to her, vibrating her entire desk. She looked over, only to see it was an incoming call from Iris.

She reached over and answered it, lifting the phone up to her ear. "Hey, 'Ris."

"Jules, I need your help, now!" Iris told her, her voice panicked.

She immediately straightened up in concern at the horribly familiar sound coming from the other end. "Please don't tell me those were gunshots."

"I would, but I would be lying. I'm at the Baldwin Tower. I can't find a way out."

"Be there in a sec, promise." Juliet hung up her phone and stood up from her chair, looking at Barry quickly. "I'll be right back."

She teleported away from her lab, into her suit at S.T.A.R. Labs, before landing by the Baldwin tower. Sure enough, she heard gunshots coming from one of the top floors. Juliet teleported up there by the shattered windows, only to see Iris staring back at her, hidden behind a wall. She ran up to her and put her hands on Iris' shoulders before teleporting the two of them back down.

"You okay?" Juliet questioned Iris worryingly, dropping her hands.

"Fine," Iris answered, breathing heavily.

"Okay." Juliet then paused for a second. "How many guys are there?"

"Uh, two. They both have guns."

She nodded. "Piece of cake."

Juliet then teleported back up to the same floor. Sure enough, two guys were up there, both holding guns. Juliet sighed and flicked both of her hands, making the guns fly out of their hands. The guys, stupidly, started to run at her, apparently wanting to fight. Juliet held out her hand and wrenched it to the side, making one of the guys fly into the wall and crumple to the ground unconscious. The other guy skidded to a stop in his tracks, and Juliet gave him a small smile before doing the same to him.

"Huh," Juliet commented. "Boring." She then teleported back to the ground, landing by Iris. "Well, they're down. Now would you care to tell me what the hell you're doing?"