EIGHT

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER EIGHTthe new firestorm

CHAPTER EIGHT
the new firestorm

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET HAD DONE what Patty asked and ran the tests on the teeth she found. It wasn't really in her list of things to do to crush the blonde's spirits, but the teeth weren't from a shark at all. She leaned against Barry's desk in her lab, watching as Patty flipped through the results.

"Human DNA?" Patty asked, sounding confused.

"Yeah," Juliet answered. "Sorry to let you down, but . . . seems to be no man-shark."

"Well, thanks for testing it for me."

"Yeah, no problem. So, what's next?"

"I don't know, probably file it under never gonna happen," Patty replied. "I have another case anyway."

"Oh," Juliet said. "Well, if you need any help, you know where to find me or Barry.

"No, no, no, no, Detective said definitely n-not."

Juliet blinked in surprise — Joe didn't want her and Barry on a case? "Uh, all right. Is everything okay?"

"Sure, why?" Patty responded, sounding quite panicked by trying to cover it up by placing an unconvincing bright smile on her face.

"You're acting strange, sweetheart."

"No! No. I'm the same old P. Spivot, you know?"

Juliet couldn't help but smile. She was sure that nobody called her P. Spivot. Also, Patty was just actually adorable.

"What — actually, I — I have to go, but thank you so much for testing this, and I — I'll see you." Patty then turned back around, only to directly run into Barry, who was coming back into the lab. "Oh my God."

"Woah," Barry stated, stumbling back a bit from the collision.

"Sorry," Patty voiced, avoiding all eye contact with Barry and brushing past him quickly.

Barry watched her go for a second before turning back to Juliet in confusion, who was slightly laughing into her hand. "Uh . . ."