EIGHTEEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER EIGHTEENtime travel

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
time travel

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THE ENERGY INSIDE of Juliet's hands buzzed as she walked through Jurgens Industrial, practically begging to be released. Carter and Kendra were walking in front of her in their strange hawk suits and chained up while she stood in between Barry and Oliver, but even the strength in numbers couldn't stop her racing heart.

Savage walked closer to them, holding his staff. "You brought them." He looked at their outfits. "And dressed for the occasion, I see."

"We're only doing this because two lives aren't worth two cities," Oliver replied.

"Well, in that case, you are wiser than I gave you credit for." He laughed softly. "It's been a lifetime. Still wearing those ridiculous outfits, I see." Savage's eyes went from Oliver, to Juliet, to Barry. "You don't need to be here for this. The culling has a tendency to be . . ." He pulled back his trench coat, revealing all of his weapons. "Unsightly. Your new friends betrayed you."

"Just do what you're gonna do," Carter insisted.

Savage stared directly at Kendra. "It's wonderful to see you again, my love."

"I will never be your love," Kendra argued.

"I know." He pulled his knife out from his sheath. "That always makes this easier." Savage walked closer to her. "Chay-Ara, parting is such sweet sorrow."

He raised his hand out, preparing to stab her in the chest, but Juliet was faster. Juliet's mind immediately connected to his, and the red energy that had been wanting to be released finally did. It traveled from her fingers all the way up her arms, and surrounded Savage's figure as well. She pushed her hands forwards, causing Savage to stumble back away from them.

Oliver went up next, starting to attack Savage. Juliet let her concentration drop as Barry sped up to Kendra and Carter, removing them from their chains. Savage took Oliver down and sent a blast from the staff towards Barry. It immediately hit him in his chest, making him fly backwards.

Savage then turned the staff to Juliet. He sent another blast from it to her, but Juliet summoned a red ball of energy in her hand and threw it. When they met in the middle, they fizzled out, just like back at the church. Savage's face contorted in rage and he started to send blast after blast towards her. Juliet met each one with her own energy, but Savage was on an absolute God damn mission.