Chapter 1: Meeting

General POV

Azur, a massive, popular, top notch high school located in Hawaii. Its massive facility trains high ranking officers to command Navies of shipgirls, the embodiment of warships old and new...ish. The place's design aesthetic was the peak of modernity and simplicity with a massive lagoon for hull forms and personal ships that have been automated. The students of this academy are international from Asian to Russian there's no shortage of variety. 

Among these students was a young, raven-haired, tan skinned, brown-eyed, Filipino named Andy Yan, he was an introvert in most senses of the word, he didn't dislike social interaction but he didn't actively seek it unless he was feeling very nice. He had 3 personal vehicles the automated M/V Steve Irwin in the harbor next to his secretary, his GT40 currently in the garage, and his P51 currently in the middle of getting an oil change.

Andy woke up at around 0400 that morning, it felt like a normal day as he ran through his morning routine. After he had taken a shower and was in his uniform he opened the pantry and grabbed a can of Corned Tuna and a pair of Skyflakes, heading to the sink to open the can. As he did he heard footsteps and turned to see a similarly aged Filipino girl making her way out of his room. 

Antonio Luna: "Magandang Umaga po..." she greeted, sleepily. 

Andy: "Magandang umaga Luna." he greeted back. 

When he arrived at Azur he was assigned 6 new shipgirls, fresh from summoning and ready for a commander, the first was the modern frigate BRP Antonio Luna, second and third were the cruisers USS Cleveland and KMS Graf Spee both of  whom he felt an odd connection to for some reason, and the last 3 were the carriers Akagi and Kaga and the battleship Arizona. He made Luna his secretary thanks to a gut feeling. 

Antonio Luna specifically was unique, she was the first modern warship to be summoned, as such Andy was pushed to being as creative as possible with how he used her.

Andy: "How'd you sleep Luna?" he asked. 

Antonio Luna: "I slept well," she replied, "pleasant dreams of smooth sailing and...."

Andy: "And?" he asked. 

Antonio Luna: "A-and nothing po." she corrected herself.

Andy filed that away, Luna was the shy type when she first manifested and sorta stayed that way, if she had any feelings he didn't wanna push, he honestly wasn't ready for relationships just yet, he was slowly getting more and more ready for one but he decided to put studying first and foremost, as a result he was near the top of his class. 

Andy: "Welp, dig in, class may start at 7:30 but there's no harm in being early."  he said, eating his breakfast. 

Antonio Luna: "R-right." she said, grabbing some cup noodles.

A little later Andy as in homeroom, his fleet was occupying themselves as they wouldn't be needed until the periods after lunch. To pass the time many brought out their phones and laptops and formed up with each other in War Thunder and World of Warships (Legends, Blitz, and the regular version) to pass the time and find possible pros and cons to their ships. 

All this stopped 10 minutes before the teacher arrived, a female Admiral, she was blonde, blue-eyed, light in skin tone, and similar in build to Bismarck. In fact if those 2 switched clothes, no one would notice a thing out of place at all. 

Class Rep: "Attention on deck!" he called. 

The class stood up and saluted, standing straight and level.

Admiral Emily: "At ease students, I have an announcement to make." she said, the cadets dropped their salutes but didn't sit down just yet, "We shall be welcoming a new student to your ranks."