Theres No Way This Is Happening

Felicity's POV:

Makayla tried to follow me out of the room when I tripped on my own shoelace. Of course, I played along with her little stint and wasted as much time as I could. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her slowly bend down to tie her own shoelace when the higher ranked soldier said something in Russian to his Conrad before walking out the door.

I just hope it wasn't orders to……

"We will wait for you to tie shoes, catch up with others later but you better hurry up" he said almost having trouble pronouncing the English words.

The soldier sounded odd, like he didn't know very much English- no shit Sherlock- well, put a very thick Russian accent on top of that too.

I quickly resumed tying up my shoelace.

I had only paused for a few seconds but it still scared the shit out of me.

With our hands still up he directed us out of the room and to the only two backpacks left on the racks, he waited for us to pack up our stuff and considering he had been this patient I was surprised.

I gripped Jetski's hand with a deathgrip and squeezed it, she squeezed it back in comfort. I wasn't doing the best with my anxiety. He was behind us and anytime he said something in Russian we'd look behind to see if we could interpret what he ment, though most of it was clear.

Don't fuck with me. And we’ll be alright..

He led us down one of the two staircases up to the second level, and to our luck, straight into another group coming up from the library.

We rushed into the crowd as the two parties collided and merged. I managed to spot Aquilla with a very concerned looking Sky and a worried looking Ivy, which I found kinda thoughtful.

As we were tossed further backwards and into another group I cleared my mind of thinking about Ivy, totally forgetting I was still holding her hand. I was still very nervous around her, and when I realised I was still holding it Iet go quickly. A quick glance at her told me she was amused. Great. Was I blushing?

Someone patted mine and Makayla's shoulder. I spun round just in time to her spun round to meet Lachlan, almost landing a hit on his cheek- her clenched left fist held at her chest, just before she struck.

Don’t sneak up on me!” she growled.

Seeing him reminded me of our other friends that we hadn't seen; I hoped they were safe. Knowing him, Lachlan would be geeking out about the Russians but also scared shitless. What the fuck do we do now?

In the space of a few seconds Makayla zoned out and came back to earth. Another weird habit of hers. I had noticed no soldiers were watching us and the soldiers from before were nowhere to be seen

No-one was watching our group of teenagers and one last group was coming from the music block on our left.

It would be stupid wouldn't it?

"Who wants to be a bloody fucking, suicidal dickhead. And do what they said not to? Make a fucking run for it?" Jetski voiced her question as she started retreating from us; down the path to another part of the school.

The next group of captured students were just around the corner, the soldiers would easily spot us through the bushes if we didn't move quickly enough. I didn't think; if we were going to survive it wasn't where they were taking us. My flight or fight instincts kicked in. And I decided flight was better because I wanted to live.

We probably wouldn't last a few months. But it was better being stuck under our invaders' oppression and at mercy to anything of their will.

I grabbed Ivy's hand again ignoring her surprise- and Makayla's smug face- and followed after her, Ivy joined in willingly in our attempted escape, enevn matching her strides with mine to minimise a tripping hazard. Makayla turned around and sprinted down another path or her right.

Even though we had been sprinting for seconds it felt like Kilometers. That's what happens when you run for your life I guess. Or you just suck at running and have poor cardiovascular exercise.

I was right about Makayla being faster. She was Usain Bolt! And beating us like The Flash. It was a bit  hard to keep up with her but I don't think added nerves and surealism of the situation hitting us helped much. But I knew the adreniline running through our viens as we tried our last shot at freedom helped propell us forwards.

We ran toward the door that led into the main part of the music block or M-wing when Makayla doubled back. She had been in front of it as we came around the corner. Slowly she opened the already half open door and slipped inside.

"What! Are they around the corner! Can you see them! Are they coming?” I tried my best not to raise my voice loud enough so no one else heard me as I approached the doorway.

I approached the door with caution. Only to screach out words when I saw someone. A friend. And safe. Safe and sound.

"What the fucking hell Mak- ACE!" I shrieked as I hugged our friend in grade eight.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Blondie facepalm herself.

"Whatever." I thought, "I'm happy to find another one of my friends safe and dound.

Ace would sit with us at lunch with the group we ate at but she was in grade eight. Which was three grades down from us, still, that didn't stop her from being one of our friends though.

I could tell she was stressed. It also looked like she had been through quite an orddeal. Now, I noticed the state of the music block. Every room had been searched. So much for keeping the rooms tidy and care of the expensive equipment.