Chapter Thirty Five

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" K'eon squealed. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"

"K'eon!" I exclaimed as I covered my ears.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YOU HAVE A DATE! SOMEBODY PINCH ME!"

"It's not a date!"

"You are going to the movies together! It is a date!"

"It's not a date! It's just two friends going to see a movie!"

"Did he act nervous when he was asking you?"

"I—he may have stumbled over his words a bit, yes, but there was people around and it was awkward."

"It's a date!"

"For fucks sake, K'eon," I scoffed. "I didn't tell you so you could freak out."

"Then why did you tell me?"

"Because you're always trying to drag me to a bar or club on the weekends. I was letting you know I was going to be busy out of courtesy."

"I'm so excited!"

"Don't be, it's not a date."

"It's totally a date."

"No, it isn't. If it was a date, Brian would've called it a date."

"Oh please, that guy barely can put sentences together around you." I instantly rolled my eyes. "I'm just saying, it could most likely be a date."

"You're relentless."

"And you're in denial," K'eon smirked. "You're dressing up, right?"

"Of course I am. What should I wear, my Spock costume or should I dress as a Gorn?"

"As sexy as he would find that, it's not what I meant."

"I'm not dressing up for a trip to the movies."

"Well, honey, as your best friend, I can't allow that." K'eon took my phone from me, put in my password and began going through my contacts.

"Remind me to change my password," I grumbled.

"Shh!" K'eon held his hand up to me as he put the phone to his ear. "Hi, is this Cindy?"

"K'eon!"

"Hi, I'm Zahra's friend. We kind of met a couple of times...that's right, K'eon. How are you?"

"I hate you."

"I'm good, thank you. Listen, are you busy today? I was wondering if you'd could help us ladies out. See, Zahra has a date Friday."

"It's not a date!"

"Oh, you've heard? Herrmann has been talking about it all day?"

"HE WHAT?"

"Well, send him my love. Anyways, Zahra is determined to go into it looking like a homeless person."

"Excuse me?" I hissed.

"I know I know, but you know how she is, right? Absolute denial, it's a travesty. So, I was wondering if you would like to join us in a day out full of lunch and clothes shopping...we can be ready in an hour...the boys? They can come along—Herrmann is volunteering to watch them? Oh, he is a doll. Okay, we'll pick you up in an hour...uh-huh, bye bye, love." K'eon hung up the phone and tossed it to me.

"You're an ass."

"And you've got an ass but you won't show it off." I rolled my eyes. "Go get changed."