Chapter 40

VINCENT LAW

"We have disposed his body and made sure to rub off all your possible DNA's or proof of you from his body and the mansion. The police are currently investigating the death of black skull since there are knife cuts all over him while we have fabricated all evidence to put his brother behind bars along with his shareholders and business dealers". He informed.

"Alright. Update me further about the police investigations and also prepare a meeting with his brother. After all he was the brother of my victim, it would be wrong if we didn't pay him a visit". I smirked.

"Sure boss, will do". He said.

"You may leave" I said.

He bowed down and left. I sighed and turned to the ceiling-to-floor window and watched the view from my office. So much has happened and that doesn't stop me anymore. Once I get hold of the black skulls business deals and contracts, I can get all his fortunes and change it to Winnie's name so she can be the sole inheritance if anything happens to me.

I was thinking about it when I felt a pair of hands wrapping my waist from the back. I recognized the hands and turned to hug her.

It's Winnie!

My Winnie.

"I told you to take a rest, didn't I?" I said while moving the strand of her hair from her face.

"I know but I felt like you were thinking about me" she said while smiling innocently.

"Can you read mind?" I looked at her being all shocked.

"Only my husband's mind" she finished.

I chuckled softly at her. I held her face in my hands and kissed her with all my love. I don't know what I will do if I lose her and I can't afford that.

"I will make sure to end my Mafia business soon and start a normal life. You won't have to see this venomous beast anymore" I said after pulling away.

I was born as a Mafia and I can't deny the passion and love I had for this work. The Mafia King position is something I worked so hard for. It's my identity and my life and it's like a second Winnie to me but if keeping her safe is to give up that position then I'm all down for it.

"Are you crazy?" She said when she suddenly changed her look into a menacing one.

"Why?"

"Me and Mafia positions are both equally important for you. How can you give up that easily for me or for our child huh? You being a Mafia is what I love the most. I love it when you're fierce and bold because that's what represents Vincent Law. My Vincent Law" she finishes it off.

I smiled and hugged her tightly. I'm definitely lucky to have such an understanding wife in my life.

Suddenly, my assistant came in again. He bowed down and was seeking my permission to speak which I granted it by nodding.

"My apologies boss but the Alessandro family is here to see you" he said.

"Ask them to wait at the meeting room and I'll be there in a few minutes" I informed him.

He nodded and bowed. He left and I looked at Winnie.

"You should stay here. We can go back home after I finish the meeting okay?" I said while making her sit.

"Alright. Be careful" she said while looking at me innocently.

"I will" I assured her.

I kissed her forehead and left. I asked my bodyguards to look after her since my office isn't the most secured place.

I walked down the aisle as my bodyguards were bowed down showing their respect towards me. I reached the meeting room along with my assistant. The Alessandro family bowed down and sat.

"Sorry for showing up unannounced but we needed to see you" Mr Alessandro started.

"It's alright. If you're here then you must need something".

"Actually we wanted to thank you. Black Skull is one of the dangerous and vicious man out there and we were his victims. We seeked for everyone's help but none came so we had no choice but to give up. Thanks to you, we are free from his chains. You definitely fitted to be the Mafia King for sure" he finished.

"The pleasures are all mine" I said.

"We've brought some souvenirs as a symbol of our appreciation" he said and handed me a fancy box.

"It wasn't necessary but thank you" I said being humble about it.

"If that's it then I'll take my leave since I have plans" I said.

We bid goodbye to each other and went in our own paths.

"Put a tail on them. I can't trust them" I said to my assistant.

He nodded and left. Alessandro family is someone who easily switches sides just for money so him coming here can cost something.

"Throw this box away. Somewhere far from this city within the next 15 minutes" I ordered my bodyguards.

Souvenirs my foot! The box has explosives and they are planning to fool me like seriously. Well let's see how far can they go. I went into my office and saw Winnie has already slept.

I smiled to myself and carried her while making sure she doesn't wakes up. Even being 3 months pregnant, she is still a child to me.

I was driving home when my assistant called me.

"Boss. Mr Alessandro is currently in the Seahead Captive Jail" he said.

"Who is he meeting?" I asked.

"Black skull's brother" he finished.

"So the birdy fell right into my trap as I expected. Listen to their conversations and report to me" I ordered and hung up the call.

Just as I suspected. Let's see what they have in mind for me.