Chapter 38

VINCENT LAW

"Hannah just act like how I taught you okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

We heard heavy footsteps approaching the door making Hannah hug me. The door opened revealing a horrified Winnie.

"HANNAH THATS MY HUSBAND!" Winnie shouted.

Hannah quickly pulled away and I maintained a straight face.

"You decided to kill my child and betray me so I decided to cheat on you". I said without looking at her.

"HOW MANY TIME HAVE I SAID THAT I DID NOT KILL OUR CHILD! I LOVE THEM JUST AS I LOVED YOU BUT YOU DECIDED TO DO THIS THEN FINE! VINCENT LAW, LETS GET A DIVORCE THIS INSTANT!" Winnie said then left.

This is what I wanted. I want Winnie to stay away from our child in a safe zone and if she gets to know that I will die then she might be depressed for life so it's better if she hates me to even feel the depression. She will eventually move on soon and focus on our child and forget me. I will always love you Winifred Law.

Next day~

"Do you, Mr and Mrs Law, declare your divorce for life with a peace offering?"

"Yes" we both said it together.

We finished the paperwork and they took our marriage certificate and replaced it with a divorce certificate. My worst nightmare came in front of me and I couldn't stop it.

Winnie left the house with all her belongings. The house is empty again! I feel useless. With all the power I have, I can't even protect my own family. Maybe we were never meant to be. A Mafia and An Agent were never meant to be.

I broke down crying my heart out in a devastating and guilty condition. I cried until I fainted but I heard a voice calling me before I entered darkness.

"VINCENT! VINCENT WAKE UP!"

I opened my eyes a little and saw Asher looking at me in a panicked expression. I tried to understand my surroundings but couldn't cause of the dizziness.

Soon I found myself trapped in between doctors and nurses and my hands were covered in IV trips. Asher looked at me pitifully.

"What have you done to yourself? I know you wanted to protect her but not destroy yourself" Asher said slowly.

Jenna burst the door entering the room. She hugged me tight and started crying.

"Have you gone nuts? Look at you. This is not the man I used to know. Who had everything and lived a best life saving others but now I can only see a heartbroken man". Jenna said while sobbing in my chest.

Asher and Jenna are like my sister and brother and I wouldn't even survive here without them. I'm grateful for them in my entire existence.

"Hopefully I can defeat black skull. I will do anything to protect my family even if I have to do it from afar". I said slowly.

I said it without knowing that someone was listening to the whole conversation! ! !

I got discharged after 2 days and Asher was taking care of me. I slowly recovered and went to my headquarters to train my ass out.

 I slowly recovered and went to my headquarters to train my ass out

Even entering my office, reminds me of Winnie. I will win this war soon.

We did some sparring and I went to the punching bag. I punched the hell out of it.

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

I punched again and again until my hands started to bleed. I never wore gloves since it's useless to me. Sweat rolled down while I didn't stop.

"Kill him not the punching bag" I heard a voice from behind.

"I will" I said recognizing the person.

"Winnie went to New York and her brothers have no idea". Asher said, stopping me on my track.

"Why are her brothers oblivious?" I asked.

"She intends on not telling instead she wrote a letter saying that she will be in New York to start a new life and divorce you willingly".

I smiled sadly. At least I know that she is safe which is all the information I need.

"Send 15 men over to her place to protect her at all costs without her knowledge" I ordered him making him nod.

"Also make sure they update me about everything that happens in her life" I finished it off.

I know I can't be a part of her life anymore but I want to know about the ups and downs my wife faced as a husband.

Asher and everyone else left and I sat down to drink some water. I heard a footstep approaching me.

"Well well. Look at the Mafia King planning to kill me" they chuckled darkly.

BLACK SKULL.

"Well I see that finally you've got the guts to show your fucking self. What took you long huh?" I said furiously.

"Let me think. Maybe it's because I was planning a master plan to kill the Mafia King that's why it took so long" he said and smirked.

I swore to God that I was ready to end his life here but no this is not it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I know that the little wife of yours and you divorced but do you think she is safe?" He whispered.

I smirked and continued.

"She is safe as long as she is with me. Anyway do you think I will be feared huh?"

His face turned red in anger.

"Don't you love her?" He asked.

"I do love her and that's why I divorced her" I said calmly.

"Well then let me finish you tomorrow" with that he left.

I smirked knowing my plan.

He definitely fell for it~