Chapter 25

Chapter Name:The Lantern Festival

Leonardo's POV

The group fallowed Yuichi to a lively looking festival. "Wow this place looks Crazy" Mikey yelled in shock and awe. Raph smilIes at his little brother's excitment "Welcome to the lantern festival!" Yuichi exclaimed swinging his arm across "I attend every year" Leo was surprised "You dad takes you?" Leo asked him "Nope!" Yuichi simply replied with a chipper tone as they walk in.

Leo and the rest were overwhelmed by lights and music then by a powerful aroma. "Oh mi gosh! The cooking smells amazing I need to test all the food" Mikey started to bounce up and down "Go ahead the festival is all about letting go unshackleing yourself from your life and living away from it" Yuichi said trough a huge smile "There's music to dance to,things to make,faces to paint,games to play and well lanterns to light" Leo smiled "Sounds fun" the turtle put his arm around his boyfriend "What's first" Yuichi sighed a kinda sad sigh "Sorry Leo but I need to be alone at least for a little bit" Leo frowns "Did I do something wrong?" Yuichi jumps "Mochi no I love everything about you, I just have things I must do on my own" He looks behind Leo "plus I kinda fill like I've been hogging you lately your brothers need your company to" He smiled at the ted slider "You sure" Yuichi just nodded "I'll meet up with you soon,I promise" they share a quick kiss before Yuichi left "Come on Leo he'll be fine" Raph told his brother in a soft tone the blue turtle just noded.

It was only a few seconds after the convention Mikey dragged Leo to the first food stand "Mikey I didn't bring any money" Mikey thinks a moment "Oh sirs not a problem everything is free during the festival" Leo went wide eyed not even seeing Mikey was about to take off like a rocket "No shit?" Ths vendor laughs "You new or something?" Leo blushed "Well I don't know a lot about Yokai culture so my boyfriend is introducing me to lots of stuff" he laughs "oh you must be a mutant" Leo nods. The man only smiles and hands the boys the food.

Leo and Mikey ran around trying meal after meal. "Mikey we gotta stop slingshoting across the fair grounds on full stomachs or I'm gonna throw up" Mikey just laughed "Ok you take a break" Mikey hugged him then shot off Leo sighs and sits on a bench "Oh hey Leo" The turtle turns to see Casey Jr. "Oh hey case" he smiled at Leo and went back to staring off into space. "Enjoying the festival?" Casey nods "I just love the lively and bright atmosphere,it's all so new yet nostalgic" Leo was shocked "How!? Sorry it's just everything you've told us I didn't think you'd be fermiler" Leo says with an awkward chuckle "It reminds me of yours and Master Usagi's,sorry Yuichi's wedding" Leo blushed as Casey continued "It was so bright and lively yet homey you know?" Leo smiles "Yeah It dose have that kind of warmth huh?"

Leo soon walked up on Raph getting his face painted "Uh Raph?" Raph shushed his brother rather loudly "Can't talk while my face is getting painted it will mess it it up" Leo was pretty sure that wasn't really true,But leo didn't need to talk to him he just wanted to see his brother. The younger turtle sat next to his brother just enjoying his presence until he was done. "What you think Leo?I decided on a cat" Leo looked up at his big brother to see the face paint. Raphael had on a big sweet smile, but all Leo could see was that scar over his eye and what it represented. "I-I like it,uh I have to go" Leo bolted off leaving Raph confused

Leonardo soon was able to calm down as he walked up on Donnie and April playing games. Donnie wasn't really playing though he seamed distracted by his wrist screan. "Hey guys" the soft shell jumped as him and April turn around "Hey Leo!" April responds "How are you guys doing" Leo asked kinda ignoring Donnie's body language. "Well I guess we're doing fine until this one got distracted" Donnie rolled his eyes with an annoyed scoff "Whatever these things are usually rigged anyway" April just sighed "Maybe in human fairs but I'm on a winning streak here" April throws the base ball knocking over the bottles "See?" Donnie nodded not even paying attention "How are we even friends your so frustrating" Donnie smirked "Your right it's completely illogical" he taps his head "But logic isn't your strong suit" That got Donnie a slap from April "Fair" was Donnie's only response before peering down at his wrist. April just rolled her eyes before returning to the game "Oh hey Leo?" Leo turned his attention to his twin brother "Yeah?" "You know I'm not really good at reading people or there emotions but I have a strong filling your boyfriend needs you" Leo crossed his arms "We're you spying on him again?" Donnie was silent before he answered "no" Leo just sighed and left to find Yuichi

It took a while but he found his boyfriend at a picnic table. "Oh!hey Mochi! Haveing fun?" Leo nods "what are you working on?" Yuichi smiled "Well my lantern for the floating lights ceremony" Leo chuckled "you made that up" Yuichi chuckled "No I didn't here I'll show you"

Yuichi came back with a white paper lantern and art supplies "Paint this lantern paint it in a way that represents you" Leo nods and started painting. The red slider sighs and shows his boyfriend the blue lantern with a big gold star on it and a big red 1. "Mochi your narcissism is showing" Yuichi says in a dry voice as his eyes narrow. "oh well I assume it's supposed to be your past self" Yuichi looked shocked "Yeah I kinda forgot to tell you how did you know" Leo let's out a little embarrassed chuckle "Well what you said about the meaning of the festival but it was mostly your lantern" Yuichi looked at the crimson lantern. "The deep reds the chains the kanji you used" Leo said with your frown "It looks like it's supposed to represent the you that lived with your dad" Yuichi had tears in the corner of his eyes "yeah...wait sense when can you read kanji?" Leo rubbed the back of his neck "I'm no whare near perfect at it but I've been learning from my dad" Yuichi smiles "For me?" Leo blushed before chuckling "Busted" Yuichi kisses the turtles cheek "your so sweet mochi" Leo smiled before he frowned again "but this looks like the word pressure" Yuichi nods "Hate?" Yuichi frowns "Yeah" Leo felt massive dread and despair off of the lantern "a lot of bad ones on here" Yuichi just nodded "It's how it felt living there" Yuichi shaked in,well it was unclear if it was anger,sadness or just pure trauma. "It was unpleasant" was all he said after "Hay we don't need to talk about it" Yuichi opened his mouth but then just deflated "yeah ok" Leo was confused "is something wrong?" Yuichi puts his head on Leo's shoulder  "I can always tell you later" he mumbles less to Leo and more to himself. "Well...ok if that's what your more comfortable with that"

The festival went on and then it became close to the ceremony "Ok Leo  so you have t write something on the lighting paper" Leo nods "What thing?" Yuichi frowns a little "A regret ot trama" Leo dry gulped "No shit..." Yuichi sighs "Then you light it on fire and light the lantern and watch it float off" Yuichi looks up smiling "You watch your past self float off and your trama with it" Yuichi turns to his boyfriend "Or at least that's what it represents of course it's not gonna replace years of therapy" Yuichi's eye twitched a little "You ok Chi?" Yuichi shook his head no but didn't expand on it as he wrote on the paper. Leo sighed and looked at the paper before he wrote it down. 'I almost got my brother killed' he lit the paper and lit the lantern along with his boyfriend and watched them float away as Leo put his head on Yuichi shoulder as they sit and watch the lanterns float trough the sky