twenty-three

y/n

I was sitting in the living room when it seemed like our front door was about to get knocked down.

Instead of knocks I heard hard and loud smashes,

"OPEN THE DOOR" I heard Max yell, what was she doing here so late?

I walked toward the door and opened it slightly,

"What's up?" I asked

"It's about Billy he-" She tried to say

"Sorry I don't care." I cut her off, my curiosity was not going to get the best of me

I closed the door but Max put her hand in between to stop me.

"Max what are you doing?" I asked as I opened it again.

"Neil hit him and passed out and he just like fell and I don't know and Neil left." She explained as she was panicking.

"Billy passed out?" I asked her, it was hard to understand her and I was getting worried.

She nodded and grabbed my arm, she started pulling me out of the house and frantically tried to open her front door.

"You're his girlfriend so I thought maybe you knew what to do." She said

Did Billy not tell her? I knew this wasn't the right time to start that conversation so I let it be.

The door opened and my eyes immediately fell on Billy, he was laying on the floor with his eyes closed.

It seemed that there was no one else in the house, Neil must have wanted to leave and took Susan with him.

"Help me get him on the couch." I mumbled to Max as I grabbed Billy's shoulder.

We got him on the couch and he started mumbling something,

"Y/N?" 

Max eyes shot up to mine as she waited for me to respond, I shook my head to her and she replied for me.

"Just me." She sighed

I grabbed an ice pack and put it on his eye, it was swollen up and I could see Max worry.

"It's okay." I said as I patted her shoulder,

"What happened? If I may ask." I continued

"It was just like normal, Neil was mad at him and they got in an argument. Although this time Neil started talking about you and Billy got mad. That's why he got punched." She replied

"Hmm." I replied as I did not know what else to say.

It didn't look like Billy was badly hurt, it must have been the mix of alcohol and the punch that made him pass out.

I was still holding the ice pack while Max was walking around in the kitchen.

"Y/N is that you?" Billy mumbled again, his eyes were still closed but he put his hand on mine.

"It is." He smiled.

Max sprinted my way and quickly took my spot, "Still just me, go sleep." She said to which Billy sighed in reply.

"You two broke up?" She asked, it must have been obvious by my behavior. I still didn't know if it was my place to tell her.

"That's why he has been so mad lately." She mumbled

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well he was like happy or something for a while, until he just wasn't anymore." She replied.