Chapter Twenty One: This Vanessa Chick

I was draped with a blanket, while I stare at the scenery outside. I'm situated inside this spacious room with a bed, a small living room set, a walk-in closet, a bathroom, and a small balcony. Other than that I'm left alone with my clouded thoughts.

I'm so confused. I'm mostly confused by what has happened a while ago, and to what's happening right now. They didn't say anything else to me. All they did was shut me out and shove me inside this room.

I'm not really okay with their secret keeping. It makes me curious to know what's going on in their heads. And what I'm mostly curious about, is Vanessa. That name makes me want to cringe. The thought of Blake and her getting married makes me scared. Why would she even demand something like that? Marriage isn't a joke.

After every five minutes, I can hear myself sigh due to the slight stress my brain was causing. All my thoughts are clouded together, making it hard to think of something straight. I tap the toes of my feet on the wooden floor. I feel my impatience prickling to its point. "Just a few more minutes Avery. They will knock on that door and finally, let you out." The door isn't locked. I can't just barge outside. That would be rude.

A soft pattern of knocks erupt in the room. "Avery?" an uncertain voice calls my name. The door opens quickly, and Mia comes inside with a warm glass of water. "Hey," she softly greets. Mia takes a seat beside me, handing me the glass of water.

Her eyes shift to a different emotion, struggle. "I don't know what to say." She takes my hand and gently rubs it with her thumbs. "I don't even know how I will explain it to you." Mia then let's out a laugh, "Why am I dramatizing? Explaining will be easy as pie."

I chuckle at Mia's acting skills. "What do you want to tell me Mia?" I persistently ask. I hope that she'll explain what happened a while ago.

Mia sighs, "We're really sorry for acting that way." She explains. "Okay, now that I'm done apologizing, I will explain. All of us know that you heard what my father said. Most of our closest family only knows about this marriage but only Blake, my dad, and Uncle Derek knew more about it. You see, Vanessa's father wants Blake to marry his human daughter. Dad told us that he just wanted more money, power, and control. He's already a billionaire but apparently, billions aren't enough for him. Apparently, Vanessa likes Blake. She likes him for many reasons, like for instance, having the power to control werewolves." Mia explains.

"Blake's been having a battle with himself a few years ago too. He was sure and then unsure of this agreement, and until now he still hasn't signed it." She adds. "In my opinion, I think Blake's wolf is telling him to decline. Maybe it's because of you. Maybe he knows that you're coming."

I don't get what's the problem in this situation. I'm sure that Blake had declined the offer before I came. Mia's voice made it sound clear that Blake wanted to reject the agreement.

I raise my right eyebrow to show my confusion. "I don't get what's the problem here." I say nonchalantly.

Mia winces, "You see, Vanessa came to our mansion with a contract in her hand. It was the agreement, and at the bottom of that agreement has Blake's signature." Oh, so that's the problem. "But you should know that Blake didn't sign it, it was forged. Whoever decided to forge Blake's signature is dead meat because we all know that you shouldn't mess with the Alpha King. Blake can do things to people...and not the good kind."

"Oh, okay. Why did you guys have to push me inside the room then?" I take a sip of the water Mia had brought for me, while I wait for her to answer.

"We didn't want Vanessa to see you. She's a really bad person." Mia then stands up and then grabs my hand, making me follow her. "Let's go! Blake is eager to see you." Finally walking out of the room, I let out a breath of air. Mia and I quietly walk to Mr.Manheymen's office. "Get in," Mia demands. I follow her orders and enter inside.

"Baby doll," Blake wraps his arms around my waist. "I missed you." Blake kisses my cheek from behind.

My face turns red at his open gesture. I'm really used to this kind of affection. I didn't really have a boyfriend, but I did go on dates.

The door suddenly opens, and a red head struts inside. "Blake! Baby! Why are you hugging that slut?" She questions, in a bitter tone. Her eyes look deadly. It feels like she's skinning me off of my body.

"What are you still doing here? I just kicked you out!" Blake growls in a harsh tone. "And it's Mr.Hemington for you. Only family gets to call me by my first name." Blake's jaw and fist clench. His veins pop out due to his outrage anger.

I'm assuming this girl is Vanessa. In my perspectives, she does look like a Vanessa to me. I think most girls that start with a 'V' are kind of scary; one example, Vicky, from the Fairly Odd Parents.

Vanessa tries to wrap her arms around his neck, but Blake pushes her away from him. "You're playing hard to get?" Vanessa lets out a fake laugh. It was crisp, nothing sweet. "I don't know what you see in this ugly creature. Look at that dress you're wearing! Are you from, the sixties?"  

Hey! No one talks to me like that. "We're the same species! If I'm an ugly creature, then you're one too!" I shot back. "Don't talk to people like that! It's rude!" I scold.

"Yeah! Tell her Avery!" Mia exclaims in cheery tone.

"Mia Mulan Manheymen!" Mr.Manheymmen exclaims in a serious tone.

Blake blocks me, "Call the guards!" He demands. A few minutes pass and four guards come inside the room, grabbing Vanessa's arm. "Escort this ugly creature out of here! Remember her face because she will never be welcome here!"

Author's note: Yes, Mulan is Mia and Mr.Manheymen has a son. I forgot to add that! Anyways, I'm going back to school next week! No! Summer is finally over for me! The next chapter might be about Blake and his parents! If you like this chapter! Please do vote, comment, and follow! I love you guys!