Chapter Four: Who He Likes

Chapter Four: Who He likes

He was my dark beauty, mysterious with his dark demeanor. I felt the passion I had for him, burning so deeply for his lovable desire. When he said that he owns her, I felt hope burst up. I expected too much from him, but I didn’t care. I didn’t care if he hasn’t revealed who she is, and whoever she is, is one lucky girl. All I wanted was his love. I wanted his burning passion, the same equal passion I had for him.

As I had said, I expected too much. I expected him to feel the same, the same way I felt for him. But Sammy’s words had repeated in my head. She has a point, what if I fall into his circle too much that I’ll end up breaking my heart? What if ‘she’ wasn’t me after all?

“No,” my conscience tells me. “Think positive, he’s meant for you.” But what if he’s meant for you, but he’ll never love you because you’re different from him? “Don’t think that, he’s not like that.” My conscience forces me. “He came back for you. He wants you.” What if he doesn’t? What if he just feels bad because he was being rude to me?

“Avery,” his silky voice stops my train of thoughts. I look at him, confused to why he called me. “Get in,” he demands.

I open my mouth, wanting to protest but it was too late, he shoves me inside. “Wait!” I say, almost too high pitched. He questionably looks at me, “What are you going to do with me?” I question, excited and worried at the same time.

He doesn’t smile, but he smirks, “That’s for me to know, and for you to find out.” He slides in the driver’s seat smoothly, with such preciseness. He starts the car, turning on the engine so gracefully.

I like to stare at him it keeps my heart beating so erratically. His movements amaze me, the way he just does it looks so graceful and I bet he would do his actions again if they weren’t with such precision.

He drove smoothly. Every time there was a hump, he would stop with the most perfect timing, ever. Only one hand was placed on the driving wheel, while his other hand settled on the handle. 

I only had one problem, though. How will I start a simple conversation that won’t end? Come on, Avery, think something. Your mouth usually opens when you think of something…but I can’t. I can’t think of anything. Whenever I think of something, it just disappears because, he’s here. He’s here beside me.

“What’s the most important thing you don’t know about him?” My conscience asks. Well, I don’t know his name and that’s the most important thing I should know about him, right? “Yes, now go ask him.” My conscience replies.

“So, um…what’s your name?” I ask, politely. I was kind of worried. I don’t want to get snapped at for asking such question. He will find me as an intriguing person, the one that asks a lot of questions without thinking who this person is. “You don’t need to answer me if you don’t want to.” I hurriedly say.      

He doesn’t look at me, but looks at the dark road, intensely. “Blake,” he simply answers. His jaw is clenched, looking so demanding and strong willed.

I look at him hesitantly, should I ask him the question I wanted to know? “Why did you fire me?” I loudly ask, finally letting it out. I have the right to ask, right? He’s the reason why I lost my job at the restaurant, the restaurant I love so dearly.

He parks at my apartment building, not bothering to turn the engine off. He doesn’t answer but opens his door, walking towards my side of the car. He opens my door, helping me get out of the car. He walks me at the entrance of the apartment door. Bob, the security guard of our apartment building goes inside to not bother our business.

 Blake leans towards my ear, brushing his lips against my soft cheek, “Too be honest you’re a hard worker at the restaurant,” he whispers, “but I hate it when my girl works as a waitress. You deserve to be treated like a queen.” He pushes away, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. He goes to his car, driving down the road.

I turn around all flustered. “He likes me!” I happily exclaim to my fellow people in the lobby. They all look at me questionably, “He said I was his girl!” I exclaim once more. They probably looked at me as if I’ve grown another head. I happily skipped to the elevator, a big smile still plastered on my face.

Once the elevator doors open to my floor, I skipped towards Sammy and I’s, apartment room. Opening the door, Sammy and Joey are all cuddled up watching a horror movie together.

“Sammy! Joey!” I exclaim, standing at the front of them. “He likes me! He likes me!” I exclaim, overjoyed about the thought.

Sammy takes my arm and pulls me towards the couch, next to her. “Babe, this isn’t fourth grade all over again. You just don’t yell “He likes me! He likes me!” as if he’s your crush, we’re women now.” She scolds, “Now, tell me, who is this beloved man you’re talking about?” Sammy asks seriously. “And what did I tell you about liking boys? They’ll just end up breaking your heart.”

“It’s the Alpha King!” I exclaim, still happy. “He fired me at the restaurant because he doesn’t want “his girl” to work as a waitress. He even said that I should be treated like a queen!” I happily state. “Sammy, why does it look like that, you’re not happy?”

Joey sighs, “Avery, do we have to talk about this all over again?” Joey asks, “The Alpha King just wants to get in your pants, okay? He doesn’t actually want you the way you are.”  

My face turns into a frown, “What do you mean he wants to get in my pants? He’s a nice guy that likes me.” I interject, not liking the negative comments they’re striking against me. “Shouldn’t you feel happy for me? I’m in love!” I exclaim, while standing up and yawning. “Can we talk about this tomorrow? I’m kind of tired to discuss anything.” I state, walking towards my room.

Going inside the bathroom, I clean myself with my very handy sponge. Getting out of the shower, I dry myself and put on my nighties.

Once I’m finished with everything, I launch myself towards the bed while smiling. “He likes you,” I finally say, before passing out.

Author’s note: How’s it going guys? Thank you for all the positive feedbacks. Please do vote, comment, and follow me if you’re, liking the story!