Chapter Ten: They Didn't Plan This

Chapter Ten: They Didn’t Plan This

I find love quite peculiar. I also find it sweet and refreshing to feel. What I just want to know is what true love feels like, and we all know that true love will only exist if everything feels right.

Werewolves are quite lucky people in this world. They have mates or what they call soulmates in terms of human. These mates will love you forever, until death shall do them apart. These people were bounded with their other half the day they were born. It amazed me how they could have such thing. Even with the title of beastly creatures, they were still given such gift the day they were born.

I don’t know if I have one. It might be Blake, but I don’t want to hope too much and end up getting hurt again.

Love will always be the enemy because it’s the strongest feeling. Love can hurt you in many ways it may not be physical but emotional. Well the truth about love isn’t about who shows you the caring and sweet affection it’s how much you realize your admiration towards that person. Love is all about realizing the mistakes you make and the truth you’ve told to that person. It’s how you’re willing to make sacrifices and risks because that person is making you see everything in this world, whether good or bad.

“Avery? Avery!” The voice snaps.

I turn my head towards Alex. He’s holding a pencil on his right hand, while a cup of pencils are on his left hand. I look at the bottom of my desk chair and notice a dozen of pencils on the floor. I check myself on the computer screen, moving my head backwards in shock. There are five pencils stuck on my messy bun while three pencils are through my hair, all tangled together.

“Alexander! What are you doing?!” I shriek. I gently take the sharp pencils out of my tight messy bun, wincing every time the sharp lead dragged on to my scalp. “Awe, what were you thinking Alex? Are you out of your mind?” I question him, while I finally let the last piece of pencil out of my hair.

Alex laughs at me. Alex hauls in his chair next to me. “You’ve been drawing hearts on your Post-It paper and you wasted thirty-two pieces of it. All you wrote was your name and Blake’s name on those sheets of paper.” Alex gestures to the papers written on my desk. “Avery you came to work thirty minutes ago, and all you did was waste paper.”

I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment. “You were spying on me!” I accuse.

Alex shook his head. “My dear Avery, I know what goes around this floor building. I work at the middle of our office so I know what’s happening all the time.” He explains. “I waited for thirty minutes. I called your name a hundred times. I’ve thrown thirty pencils in your area every minute.” Alex looks at the floor, picking up the sharpened pencils. “I’ve noticed that you’ve been distracted lately.” He says. “I’m sure this is about a man you’re crushing on. Women go berserk whenever a man is involved.”

“Hey!” I exclaim, quite offended. “I’m not that insane!” I defend. “I blame men! They are the reason why my love life is so complicated!” I point out. I bend down, helping Alex with his pointy pencils.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. The way of love revolves around women too! They are the most undefined species ever created, on this world!” Alex interjects. “Men also have a difficulty when dealing with women!” He declares loudly. “Women make up their minds all the time.”

I huff, “That’s insulting.” I state while handing his pencils. I turn my head towards my littered desk, putting back all the materials I used earlier. Gosh! Was I even thinking while writing these silly things?

I take my purse from my cabinet and my laptop from the upper drawer. “I’ll just have to do my work at home. I’m getting too distracted over here. Maybe I just need a piece of mind.” I say. “I have a lot of things going on in my life right now.” I transfer my work to my laptop and stand up. “I’ll have these finished before tomorrow afternoon. If I need to do anything else, please do phone me. Also, can you sign me out once my shift’s done? Thanks Alex, bye!” Standing up from my desk chair, I make my way to the elevator.

Once I’m at the lobby, I walk out of building inhaling the fresh air. “The bus should stop by any minute now.” Tapping my foot against the hard pavement, I notice a van going past the limit. The van smoothly makes a stop at the front of me. I take a step backwards a bit surprised.

Men exit out of the van with colored masks and only their eyes are seen.

My eyes widen. I try to run but two men hold my wrists tightly. I move around, struggling from their tight grasps. “Please let me go!” I beg. “I’ll give you my best friend! She’s kind of hot!” I exclaim. “Please! I’ll give you my dog, my house, my bag, my money, my parents and my goldfish! Just please don’t kidnap me and rape me!” They take me inside the van and I notice that the security guard just looks at us with a smirk on his face.

I sit down on the seat, “Are you going to feed me to the monsters?” I shakily reply. “Please don’t hurt me.” I cry, rubbing away the new tears. “Is this some sick joke?” I cry.

The men take their masks out, throwing it out of their faces. “Don’t worry little girl. We’re not here to hurt you, nor take anything away from you. We’re just following orders our boss gave us.” A man replies.

What the heck is going on here? Why are attractive men kidnapping me?

Author’s note: New update! Please do vote, comment and follow me if you like this chapter! Happy Readings!