Chapter Twenty: Trust

Love always conquers every feeling. Love is such a strong word that we only say it to those who mean the most to us, even if they don't love us back. I also know that love is really hard to express, especially towards the person you've been in love with for a very long time. Love means that you care for a person more than you care someone else. For others, love is really hard to explain. What they don't know is that love is always there, waiting for you to make a move.

Speaking of love, is love at first sight true? Does love bloom in a minimum of days?

I thought love at first sight was idiotic. I thought that it wasn't true and foolish. That was when I realized that love at first sight and love in minimal of days are true. Werewolves have proved it.

I'm not sure why I'm thinking about love. It must be because of Blake. My future has now turned into a detour, swerving its way to get to Blake's heart. I don't even know if I'm there yet.

Staring at Blake's eyes makes me see his real expression. An expression that makes me, want to hug him and tell him that I'll never let him go. Instead my curious side wins me, "Why? You want me to stay but you'll push me away." I quietly say to him.

Blake tightly holds my arm, "I won't let you go this time. I'll make things right." He explains. Blake comes closer to me, engulfing me in his arms.

Wrapping my arms around him, I slowly pat his back. "How do I know that you're not fooling me?" I suddenly question him. Trust is a very big thing in my book. Most people don't know how to handle it very well.

"Woohoo! Get some Blake!" Mia cheers.

Blake turns his head with a scowl on his face. "What did I tell you about coming in here?" Blake snaps. I guess we're back to bitter Blake.

Laughing at his silliness, "Blake, be nice. She's Ohana." I poke his chest in a warning way. There's one thing that I'm going to do to this man, and that's torturing him for being a butt. Not the bad kind of torture.

Blake ignores me and continues to glare at the poor girl, "Leave Mia." Blake points to the sliding door of the nearby balcony. "You know your way out." Mia huffs in annoyance but listens to Blake and walks back inside. Blake lets out a laugh, "I sensed her being there. I didn't mind at first but once she disturbed us, she's out." He wraps his arms around my waist, pushing me towards his hard body. "So...where were we?"

Rolling my eyes at his cheeky question, "I asked you a question." I replied nonchalantly. "I don't want to get hurt again Blake. And for the sake of this thing that has started, you need to compromise or I'll leave the state." I threatened.

"Psh, that's not even threatening." Blake brags. I feel his head on the tip of my head, "I'm so sorry Avery." He silently mutters. "I'm sorry for being a jerk. I know that I'm not worthy of your forgiveness, heck I know that I don't deserve it at all. I just want you to know that I'm sorry for being ungrateful to you." He apologizes with a deep tone.

I don't know if I should forgive him right now. The moment doesn't feel right and the trust, if I forgive someone that means trusting them once more. That's what happened to the both of us at first. I fell for his trap because I trusted him too much. I don't want that to happen again.

"It's okay Blake. We're people that make mistakes." I reply. Moving away from his embrace, I take Blake's hand and interlace it with mine. "Let's go. I'm so hungry."

Blake laughs at me, "Pig," he teases. He pokes my sides, hitting my chubby spot.

I push his finger away, "That's my precious fat, stop touching it." I warn him. I wasn't exactly like those beautiful girls plastered on men's magazine. I have flabs and I'm okay with it, a little flab won't hurt. Who cares what other people visualize you as? You are your own person.

"Mom they're so adorable together!" Mia gushes at the dining table. I hear a squeal coming from Mrs.Manheymen as Mia kept on talking and talk about us. "Oh there they are!" Mia exclaims with a smile on her face.

"Mia," Blake says in annoyance. "You never shut your mouth. It's irritating me." Blake scowls again.

Mia brushes him off and continues to chatter with her mother. I take a seat next to her while grabbing for a plate at the center of the table. Blake takes a seat next to me and does the same thing. "Where's the food?" I question them.

"So impatient," he teases.

I see Mrs.Manheymen slap Mia, "Look at him! He's teasing her! How cute! Grab the camera! He needs a memorabilia for everything he does to her!" She excitedly exclaims. As quick as lightning, a quick flash blinds me. "Aw! It's their first picture together!"  

Where did they even get the camera?

Blake takes the camera from Mrs.Manheymen's hand, "Delete this!" He exclaims in a demanding tone. Moving closer to him, I eye the picture but as soon as I look at the picture my eyes are blinded once more. "God damn Mia, stop taking reckless pictures of us!" Blake demands again but this time he slams his fist on the table.

"Blake! You said God's name in vain!" I exclaim.

"What's going on?" Mr.Manheymen questions us. His wife and his daughter get up from their seats, gushing like high school girls. Mr.Manheymen quickly eyes us both with a smile prickling on his face. "Is it true?" He questions us.

"No." Blake interjects.

I quizzically look at Blake, "What do you mean no?" I ask him.

Blake sighs, "They're exaggerating most of what they truly know." Blake irritatingly says. His jaw clenches and so does his fists. Oh Blake, always the hot headed one. He still needs to know how to be calm and collected.

Mr.Manheymen lets out a frustrated sigh while running his fingers through his hair. "We have a problem Blake. Vanessa is here and she's demanding for marriage." He worriedly states.

What?

Author's note: Late update again! Anyways, are you guys thrilled to know who Vanessa is? I am! If you like this chapter please do vote, comment, and follow! And thanks for those wonderful comments guys! They mean a lot to me!