Chapter Three: What He Owns

I look at him, wanting to glare at him, but that would be rude of me. He is a king. "Well, sorry sir, I'm the only available waitress right now." I say politely, wanting to snap. Somehow, my inner self has been firing with anger at the words that has come out of his beautiful mouth, earlier.

I didn't want to be rude. I was also taught to keep my temper in, but he's making me burst out of my bubble. I don't know what's happening to me, but I feel irrational when I'm with him. My intellectual self is probably screaming to tell him off for being rude, but I held it in.

I wanted to ask the beautiful man, "Why do you have to be rude?" It's offending to those who rank lower than him, like me. It doesn't mean that you're rich you can power people like they're your minions.

Okay, I think I should stop. I'm starting to sound like a hypocrite.

Everyone has a reason to why they're so cold. In my eyes, I see that everyone holds a story in their bumpy lives. Nobody has a boring life. Some people, have thrilling ones, while others; those cold blooded people, have dark memories or histories that someday, I wish could change for the better of their lives.

Like this beautiful attractive man. He probably has a dark past.

"I don't care. If you don't get out of my face, I'll fire you and escort you out myself." He demands. "I own this restaurant, so listen to me."

This time, my cheery face is gone and all there is a frown. "Why do you have to be so rude? Didn't your mother ever teach you about asking people, nicely?" I ask, politely. "If there's something wrong about me being your waitress, why don't you tell me? You just can't fire me, I haven't done anything wrong."

The man stands up, banging his fists on the table. "Listen up, I'm the boss here, so whatever I say, you better do it. And when I tell you to get out of here, you better do it."

I look up at him, taking a step back to look at his face. "No, mister, I won't listen to you. I want you to know that you can't just take me out whenever you want. As a worker here, I do have my rights to service a customer that needs service, sir."

"Security!" He yells, slamming his fists once more.

Gabe immediately struts towards us, "What is it that you may need, sir?" He seriously asks, but in his eyes, I see the cold fear in them.

"Escort Ms.Thompson out of this restaurant," he demands. His beautiful eyes looking back at me, "You're fired." He pushes me away, exiting the restaurant once again.

He left me, once again.

I groan in frustration, "Not again!" I growl, pissed off. "He left me." I murmur, silently.

Walking towards the kitchen, I walk pass through the employee's room, hanging my apron in the closet. I felt my face frown, this is the only job I enjoyed working at, and he took my happiness away by firing me. "Why do I always speak out the words I always think of?" Feeling so frustrated, I slowly slide down the closet, pulling my knees closer to me. "Why am I attracted to him? He is a cruel man. He fired me for no reason, and demand to call security."

Gabe opens the door, "Avery, are you okay?" He asks with concerned eyes.

I sigh, "I'm not okay, Gabe." I sadly reply, "He fired me, and he left me."

Gabe smiles, "You know Avery, everything happens for a reason, right?" Gabe explains. "Maybe that's why, there's always a 'but' in people's lives." Gabe holds a hand down towards me, I take it and he helps me up. "Come on now, I don't like it when I see your frown."

I stand up, "Thank you Gabe for your inspiring message." I say, sincerely. "I just...I just don't know what's going on with my mind right now. Whenever I see his face, my mind ends up being a huge blank space. My heart swells whenever I think about him." I take my bag out of my locker, putting in all my stuff in a box. "It's like I'm addicted to him."

Gabe laughs uneasily, while he scratches his head, "Yeah, it's just a simple...crush?" He suggest, taking the box from my hands. "I'm sure you'll figure it out in the end."

We walk out of the restaurant. Gabe opens the door for me, "This is as far as I can go Avery," he gives me back the box. "Make sure that you go home safely, it's dark outside already."

"Thanks Gabe," I softly state, looking at the ground sheepishly. "Tell the others that I'll miss them, okay?" Gabe nods in response. Signaling my departure, I walk away from the restaurant.

The same thing I did every weekday, finding myself standing right next to a pole that has a bus stop sign. I sigh, not feeling so well about what happened a few moments ago. Maybe if I did shut my open minded mouth, I wouldn't have gotten fired.

Bright lights of a car, shone right through my way. I look away from the light, wincing at the brightness. As soon as I thought that the car would pass by, it stops in front of me. "Get in," the voice demands.

I squint to adjust my sight, still not use to the brightness. "Who are you?" I ask, still not identifying who this person is.  

"Just get in!" He demands.

I blink a few times more, waiting until I can see clearly again. My eyes widen at the person who's in front of me, "What do you want?" I ask in shock. "You just fired me a while ago." I openly say, still shocked by his presence.

"I don't care," he hisses. "I just want you to get in." Noticing his appearance, he still looks the same. His dark demeanor and his cold stare are always present.

"What? Why?" I ask, stubbornly.

He gets out of the car, irritated. He grabs my arm and drags me inside his car, "What are you doing?" I ask, pushing him a little. "For all I know, you might be a rapist, so I demand that you let me go." I say, hesitantly.

Oh Avery, you know that you love it when he just touched you.

He leans in close to me, brushing his lips on the tip of my ear. "You like it when I touch you, so stop pushing yourself that I should let go of you." He whispers, quietly.

I push him away, "Stop!" I say, demandingly. "What do you want?" I ask, quietly, averting my gaze away from him.

He smirks darkly, "Well, it's not what I want. I already own her."

Author's note: Hey Guys! Chapter three is here! I hope you do like it! Please do comment and vote it you like it!