Chapter Thirteen: What Will Happen

Getting out of the limousine, I bid Mr.Manheymen goodbye and so does he. I can’t believe that I will miss his weird personality, but I’m sure that I’ll be able to see him sometime. I’ll be able to see him and create memories with him and his family, including Blake. 

Stepping on the hard pavement of our concreate stairs, I notice Sammy and Joey leaning on each other while silently snoring. They’re sleeping at the front entrance of our apartment, wearing their pajamas and a robe. Sammy is holding a whole pack of bond paper on her arm while Joey’s holding some of the bond paper. 

I take one of the sheets in Joey’s arm, being careful that they’ll wake up. All my information was there and they had a clear picture of me smiling. In the description part, it said that I was naïve and quite small for twenty-three year old. 

Running up the lobby, I immediately ask for the small little press bell at the front desk. Lydia, the lady who worked there was shocked to see me. “Honey!” she shockingly exclaims. “Good gracious, where did you go?” She worriedly questions, her eyes displaying concern. “We’ve been looking for you…almost everywhere!” She exclaims in a scolding tone. “Your friends even printed out flyers to give, and it hasn’t been forty-eight hours yet!” 

My smile fades and turns into a concerned sad face. “I’m fine Ms.Lydia. Sudden things just happened, and apparently, I had to come home late. I’m sorry Ms.Lydia, I can’t tell you a reason why but you must understand…I-I had to do it for my mate.” I silently replied. I’m sure that Ms.Lydia would be able to understand, due to the fact that she has a werewolf and she also has a mate.

Ms.Lydia suddenly brightens up, “What?!” she exclaims jittery. “You have a mate?!” 

I nod in response. I didn’t want to take our conversation to the next level, it’s just too private. A secret that only the people I trust should know about.

I point at the press bell at her desk, asking permission from the small gesture. Ms.Lydia nods. I take the press bell from the counter, proceeding outside our apartment building. Standing in front of Sammy and Joey, I softly press the presser, making it loudly ring. 

After a few more times, Sammy and Joey slowly rub their eyes. “What do you want?” Sammy growls. She scrubs her eyes a bit, until she’s able to see. “Holy cow!” she shouts, suddenly standing up. “Avery?” she squints, eyeing my up. “Avery! You’re home!” Sammy happily yells. She jumps at me, holding me tightly in her arms. 

I sheepishly smile at her, “I’m home Sammy.” I pat her back in a comforting way. “I’m okay.” I assure. “And don’t you say “Holy” again. You can only say Holy when we’re in church and when we’re talking about our God.” I seriously state. 

I turn my eyes towards Joey, her eyes well up with tears. “Aw, Joey, don’t cry. I promise I’ll explain to you guys…everything.” I sadly reply. I feel guilty. Joey doesn’t deserve to acknowledge these situations anymore. She’s gone through enough in her middle school life, and seeing me in this situation brings the memories rolling back to her. 

“I’m sorry Joey.” I apologize. 

Joey sniffs, standing up from her crying state. She wraps her arms around my body. “I was worried about you Avery.” She cries while letting out small sniffs. “It’s okay Avery. It’s okay that I remember. I just don’t want it to happen to you. I can’t lose you. You mean a lot to me.” 

Patting her back comfortably, “I’m sorry.” I whisper. “I just want you to know that I’m fine. Nothing happened to me.” I assure her. 

Joey suddenly cries louder, “Good. You wouldn’t know what would happen if I ever found out that you were raped and shot.” She pants for a bit, catching a breath, “I don’t want that to happen to you. I’ve been through that stuff, and knowing that it will happen to you will make me crazy.” She admits. 

Sammy suddenly shoves me away from Joey, “Find your boundaries woman! She’s mine!” Sammy possessively exclaims. 

Sammy glares at me while possessively hugging Joey, “You come home surprisingly okay without a note or anything, but now you suddenly want to steal my girl.” Sammy huffs, “That’s why One Direction created the song ‘Steal My Girl’, for you not to take her heart away because she belongs to me!” She exclaims. 

I hold my hands up in surrender, “I’m not going to steal your girl! I go for men!” I admit, laughing at her. 

Sammy points at the apartment door. “Get your ass inside of our apartment building missy! You have a lot of explaining to do!” Sammy spanks my butt. 

“Butt!” I correct her. “You have to put a dollar inside the swear jar!” I happily exclaim. 

“Damn! Not again!” Sammy shouts. “That’s so unfair! I always put money inside! Do you even swear?” 

Shrugging, I turn my head towards our apartment door. I sit at the couch, patting at the space next to me. They both sit, taking a moment to adjust. Once everything is okay, I explain to them what happened. I also told them about our secret deal. 

“Mr.Manheymen also offered me a job a part time job at his company.” I happily state. “I’ll just be the receptionist, which is kind of hard. I have a problem with memorizing places.” I take a sip of the raspberry tea that Joey, so kindly brought for us to drink on while chatting. 

Joey coughs, “Avery…Are you even aware of what will happen?” She questions me. 

I shook my head, no, of course not. What I know is that it will happen and I will let it happen. I won’t be aware of the advantage and disadvantages of this lure. 

“I’ll just be like Elsa, I’ll be brave. I won’t let everything slip, but whatever will happen probably has a reason, right?” Great! You’re being a hypocrite! Let’s just accept the fact that everything does happen for a reason and whatever happens, know that God is there and he will guide you to your path.

Sammy pats my thigh, making me look at her. “What date and time are you going to start and end? I’ll just pick you up and drop you, from now on.” 

“Well I start tomorrow after I’m done with my first job, but I think I’ll need to switch times because they mostly need me when the sun rises.” I reply. 

I sneakily rub my palms together. “Let the mission begin.” 

Author’s note: Ugh! I’m sorry for the late update! My laptop actually hung yesterday while I was doing my magic. The screen was blank but my laptop surprisingly was working! I had to wait the whole night for the battery to drain because the battery pack was not cooperating with me yesterday and I didn’t want it to break. So, I hope you like it. I’m so excited for the next chapter though! There will be more Blake action! Thank you for your wonderful comments! If you like this chapter please do vote, comment, and follow!