Chapter Five: What He Wants

Why does he keep me hanging? Am I not worth his love? Am I useless? Why does this keep happening to me? Why did he leave me again for so long? And now, I have to wait for him to come. Is this what Love feels like? Is this the meaning of Love?

It’s been three days, three whole days that I haven’t seen his face once again. I’ve seen him twice but my heart does not seem to be contented with what he’s doing. My heart expects more, she wants to see him more than what a normal girlfriend and boyfriend see each other.

And there I go, again. I’m claiming him. I’m claiming him as mine, like he belongs to me, and only me.

Too be honest, this is a first. I was usually into nice guys, not dark, cold, and ridged men. Somehow, Blake did not fit in my category of men, but he made himself an exemption. He made sure to place himself in my heart. The day he was squished in my heart added a weird feeling to me, it’s like I knew he was going to be mine someday, like he belonged to me.

I admit I do not have any experiences with men. I have always been that, ‘second-option-girl’ most of the time when I was in high school and college. Every year I grew up, I didn’t install the thought of having a boyfriend. That category had only been shoved up in my ‘do-later’ list. I focused on graduating high school, because well, I wasn’t exactly the brightest crayon in the crayon box, but I did manage to get high grades because I did exert in effort and that’s what teachers always consider.

Until now, I’m still that naïve girl that gets tricked into almost everything. My friends used to get mad at me for being so naïve, but oh well I tend to zone out more than what I have expected.

And that’s my problem now, I’m being so naïve and stubborn to actually think like this. I’m in denial whenever Joey and Sammy tell me that I’m such a stubborn girl for falling for him. I’m stubborn when I keep defending what I feel for Blake.

But I don’t want to lose hope. I want to keep thinking that he does like me because I’m me, not because of this and that. I want him to feel the same way I feel for him. I want him to know that he’s messing up my head because he’s the reason. He’s the reason why I’m out of focus. He’s the reason why my heart is beating erratically. He’s the reason why I’m in love.

“Hey!” The voice yells. I snap out of my thoughts, looking at the front I see a guy yelling at me. His hand is gestured in a shooing way, “Move out of the way! You’re causing traffic!”

Looking at my surroundings, I notice that I’m in front of road in front of a truck. Feeling my face flush, “Oh my,” I mutter embarrassed. “I’m sorry,” I mutter once again. I move away from the traffic of vehicles, giving them all a peace sign for my apology to those that haven’t heard.

Walking silently on the busy streets of my town, I enter a milk tea shop. I ordered a regular raspberry milk tea and sit down on one of the booths. Taking out my laptop from my bag, I set it on the table and start to do my work.

Two hours later, I decided to off the device before it over heats. Gently placing it inside my bag, I thank some of the workers of the shop and exit the peaceful place.

“Where will I go next?” I question myself. When I had my day offs, I would usually volunteer at the animal center but they were closed, the owner, Mrs.Lynn was at the hospital because she apparently fainted when she saw one of her coworkers getting too intimate with each other. I didn’t question her sudden action though. She’s an old woman with no husband.

Starring at my watch I notice the time, “It will get dark soon, but I don’t want to go home yet. Sammy and Joey are out, and I don’t want to be alone.”            I mutter. Sammy and I’s apartment will never be the same if Sammy and Joey aren’t home. They both bring our house to light, making it interesting and exciting. I will forever be the boring one. I’m actually glad that they do make fun of me a lot so I think that without me, they won’t find something to laugh at.

A hand touches my shoulder, which causes me to stop walking abruptly. I turn my head backwards and gape in shock, “Blake?” I question, adjusting my eye glass to make sure that I’m seeing clearly. “Is that you?” I step backwards, still shocked.

In our town, we don’t see Blake walk around. He’s an Alpha King, a person who’s capable of owning everything and anything. He has lots and lots of cars that he could take with him, but surprisingly, I didn’t see him with his choice of vehicle.

“What are you doing here out in the streets with a suit on?” I question him, slowly stepping away from his touch. His hands were sending magical sparks throughout my body, and I didn’t want to feel like jelly in front of him, that would be so embarrassing.

“Come with me,” he says while grabbing my arm, dragging me with him. Blake takes his phone out, pressing it against his ear, “Emery, we’re here now.” He says, still dragging me with him until we’re in front of an empty shop. “Hurry up Emery! I have more important things to do in my life.” He demands.

His grip holds onto my arm tighter, “Aw,” I take my arm away from his grip, not liking the red mark on my delicate pale skin.

A dark red car rolls besides the sidewalk. Blake takes my hand, making me sit down at the back seat of the car. Blake follows in, sitting next to me. “Why does it always seem like you want to take me to places without telling me where we’re going?” I asked a bit annoyed.

“We’re going to talk,” Blake darkly states. “I have this up-coming ball that I will celebrate with other authorities and immortal investors. There will also be a charity fundraiser for those hospitals that are low in supplies and need more working and clean facilities.” He explains, “I need you to go with me.”

I look at him, bewilderedly. “What? Why me?” I question him.

“Don’t ask,” he replies. “Emery will pick you up tomorrow. You don’t have to dress up and look beautiful, I will assign someone to do it for you in my house.” He opens the door and I notice that we’re in front of my apartment building, again. He walks me in at the front, “Don’t walk alone ever again. There are a lot of men out there that wouldn’t think twice about getting in your pants.” He looks over at me while leaning towards my face to kiss my cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow night, bye.” Blake walks back to his car, driving down the road again.

“I’m so excited!” I exclaim, grinning widely.

Author’s note: I can’t thank you enough for your kind comments! They’re so amazing! I love you guys! If you like/love this chapter please do vote, comment and follow me!