Chapter Two: We Meet Again

It has been three weeks since I have seen his beautiful face. The day he left kept me thinking, “Why did you leave me?” and “Did I do something wrong for you to leave me, standing there, making me feel hopeless?”. Ever since I laid my eyes on him, my mind seems to fly like migrating birds.

I wanted to touch him. I wanted to feel our skins brush up together, and hopefully feel a breeze of tingles and sparks crawl up and down our whole body.

I assumed a lot of things about the both of us, heck I’ve thought of dirty thoughts, even if I didn’t want to. My mind just wants him and all of him. I have never been this attracted to a man. He just blew me away. His dark demeanor, by the way makes me want him more.

“Avery!” Sammy yells. “Snap out of it woman!”

I sheepishly look at Sammy, “I’m so sorry Sammy. My mind, is driving me crazy you know? Crazy about that mysterious man that has left me standing in the middle of the entrance, feeling alone.” I admit.

Joey, Sammy’s girlfriend, laughs at me, “Aw, our little baby is growing!” She claps her hands in a happy way, “Anyways, stop thinking that you’re together Avery. You just admire him. It’s a simple crush baby girl.”

“No! This is not a simple ‘admiration’ Joey, it’s like I love him without knowing a single thing about him. I just know that he’s the Alpha King, and pretty much everybody was scared of his beautiful face…well, except me. I stared at him like he was my last meal.” I protest.

Sammy shakes her head, denying everything that I’ve said. “Avery, stop thinking about him so much.” She stops, internalizing on what she’s going to say, “I’m not saying this because I want to hurt you, I’m going to say this because you honestly suck at relationships.” She breathes, “In his eyes, you are just a weak human. You will never comprehend to those women that has ‘rocked his world’, already.”

“I don’t care if he’s not into me…” Maybe you do.

“Whatever babe,” she sighs, deeply. “It’s your fault if you fall into it too much. In the end, you’ll be the one who gets hurt.” She sighs once more, “Falling in love is hard Avery. If you’ll believe, you’ll end up losing hope. I mean, I want you to find someone who will make you happy, but I don’t want to see you all torn up and broken.”

I pout, “What happened to the song, ‘Don’t Stop Believing’?”

I sound like a desperate woman, craving for a man who’s much too far from where I’m at.

Sammy is right. I shouldn’t love someone who I don’t know a single thing about.

But, I just can’t get him off of my head. He’s way too beautiful to just forget.

Joey sighs too, “Avery, the Alpha King is more than what you think. He’s above you. You’re not in the same league as him, so it’s a big blur for all the things you’re thinking, to happen.” She holds my hand, messaging it in a comforting way. “There are things in life that we hope for, but we can’t seem to reach out for it in the same bright light.”    

I huff, “You’re right. I think I should stop believing that there’s a possibility.” I stand up, “I’ll do something productive in my life. I need to forget about him.”

“You go girly!” Joey agrees.

I walk out of the restaurant, finding myself breathing in the fresh air. I wait for the door to close, waiting for my signal. “Forget it. I’ll never forget him!” I exclaim dramatically. “Even if it breaks my heart, this dark beauty will love me someday!” I encourage myself.

A guy passes by me looking at me weirdly, “Keep dreaming.”

Okay, I should stop being so desperate. I’ll look like a lunatic in front of these people.

Walking towards the bus stop, I find myself wandering, thinking about life. Well, I don’t find a lot of things interesting about me. I just believe, wishing for miracles without the shining stars.

Once the bus has stopped in front of me, I quietly step inside. I stand in the middle, holding the little hand holder. It’s crowded, and it’s not even five yet.

I step out of the bus, looking at ‘Le Fillel’. “Another day of torture,” I silently murmur. Yes, it has been torture for me. None of my coworkers has spoken to me, and I doubt that someone will utter something back to me, today.  

Entering the restaurant, I sigh. I don’t want to go inside, knowing that no one will give me answers. I practically begged everybody to tell me, especially my werewolf friends, but they didn’t utter a single word.

As usual, I did my routine before I proceed to take orders from hungry customers. “Hey guys,” I greet, even though I know that they’ll just nod towards my way.

I take the pad paper, proceeding towards a table.

Brent passes by me, ignoring eye contact. “Brent,” I call. He turns around, still ignoring eye contact. “What’s going on? Why are you guys avoiding me like I’m some disease?” He doesn’t say anything, instead he turns around, appointing to another table.

Well that hurt.

Hours passed, and soon, it’s closing time. Before Marie, turns the sign to ‘close’, someone pushes the French doors away, making Marie stumble backwards.

My eyes widen. He’s…here.

“Prepare me a table, Marie.” He snaps. His cold eyes, match the color of his orbs. Dull, nothing but darkness, no color, no emotion.

Marie shoves me towards, “Be his waitress, maybe he’ll loosen up, a bit.” She grabs the needed utensils, and a fresh table cloth. “Is there anything more, sir?”

“Nothing else, move along and leave me alone.” He grumbles.

Marie glares at me, signaling me to move forwards him. I do as said, walking slowly, “May I take your order?” I say in a happy voice.

My body was shaking with joy, glad to see his beautiful face. I was so close to him. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to feel something.

He looks at me, not happy at all to see me. “Get out of my face, and get a new waitress.” He demands.

And that was it, I felt my heart breaking.

Author’s note: Chapter two is done babes! I hope you like it! Comment, Vote, and follow me if you like it!