Chapter Fifteen: The Fight

So let's get this straight. The handsome and most mysterious Blake has been a complete jerk to me for the last ten minutes. Yes, we've only been each other for ten minutes and we're practically arguing about nonsense things. He's being mean and childish. He keeps telling me what room we're passing by, but does he even know that I do not understand a single thing coming out of his mouth? Obviously, he doesn't care about anything I think about. What he only cares about is getting this done.

Sighing in frustration, I annoyingly turn my head towards Blake. "Can you please slow down?!" I exclaim. "You're like a non-stop, ending music video!" I huddle my folders together while adjusting my glasses. He's getting irritating already!

Blake glares at me, "You are here to work for me Avery. You're not here for me to baby you." He snaps back, turning his direction towards the hallway. "I won't give some pathetic person like you, special treatment." He finally says.

Hurrying up to him, I breathe in harshly. "Slow down for goodness sake!" It's like I'm chasing him, and I'm not supposed to chase anybody. I have asthma and I'm supposed to remain calm all the time. I'm actually glad that I haven't used my pump for two months! If I start now it'll continue for a whole week.

"I have asthma!" I exclaim. I hurriedly find for my air pump in my bag. Once it's in my hand, I immediately take a pump of air. Holding onto my nose for a few seconds, I let out a quick breath. "Oh cheeseballs, now I have to use this contraption for a whole week thanks to you!" I angrily grumble.

Blake smirks at me, "At least I'm not pathetic and weak at the same time." He clearly states.

I notice some of the workers curiously looking at us. Great, the best show for people to see is humiliation!

Angrily stepping in front of Blake, "I've had enough of you." I poke his chest, determining my point. "You're a jerk Blake! Do you have some dignity in yourself? Or at least a hint of sympathy?" tell him who's wrong Avery! "I've had enough of your attitude! Do you ever feel sorry for being mean to others? Does work and power always make you this type of person, a person who only cares for his successes?"

Blake takes a step back from me, while giving me his deepest glare. "You're being pointless Avery." He nonchalantly states. "You're just trying to be better. You're trying to become one of us, but face it Barbie doll, you will never find your place here in our world. You do not belong here."

"That's nonsense!" I exclaim. "You're arrogant Blake! You only think about yourself!"

Blake steps forwards, intimidatingly, "Well princess, you do not belong in my world that's why you're thinking about such thing. My people view me differently. They see me as a ruler, so yes, if you're saying I'm being arrogant, you're right. I have to because I can't let naïve people just enter my world."   

I incredulously look at him, "That doesn't make sense!" I exclaim, throwing my arms in the air to show my point. "You're just making excuses to shut me out Blake!"

"I'm not making excuses Avery. You're just being difficult, like the little brat you actually are." Blake accuses. He turns his way towards the elevator, getting on it without glancing at me once again.

Oh God, why does this always happen to us? Are you punishing me for being silly when I was young? Are you punishing me for making the wrong decisions, and then regretting them so soon?

I know that I won't give up. I know that giving up means accepting your defeat. I know that I won't do that because I'm strong. Even if I'm naïve, I know that—maybe—at the end things will get better for us.

Mr.Manheymen comes rushing towards me, "I saw what you did there, honey." He pats my back in encouragement, "Keep doing that sweetheart, until his on the tips of his toes." He smirks wickedly. "You're actually doing the right thing, seeing as he hasn't said anything that harsh to you. Trust me, he's babying you. It's like he's afraid of what he'll say next."

"Blake isn't like that to people. I remember those times where I used to get mad at him for being idiotic, he would threaten to kill me and make my life miserable. His span of likeness is non-existent. He hates everybody in this world, even his parents!" He explains. "He doesn't care about anyone but himself, and having such power is making him look like an air-head."

Sighing, "I know." I sadly reply.

I still can't get over the fact that Blake would even say those words to me. It shouldn't even matter. He's made me feel worthless in a few days. I am aware of what he'll say to me tomorrow—that's if I see him tomorrow.

As if Mr.Manheymen reads my mind, "You'll be seeing him tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too. He has a meeting here, and he needs to discuss some things with other clients." Mr.Manheymen continues to walk all around the building, teaching me the places I need to know about.

I'm glad that I actually have a second job now. I hate staying at the apartment all alone. I feel so lonely and depressed because no one is there to live the moment with me.

"Come follow me, we'll discuss about the second move for tomorrow." Mr.Manheymen sneakily says. "I have my wife, my daughter, Blake's uncle, and other close relatives on my side. They'll help us tomorrow at dinner, so why don't you come over for dinner?" Mr.Manheymen suggests, rubbing his hands in sneaky way.

Great, more trouble.

Author's note: How's this chapter? Do you like it? Because if you do, please do vote, comment, and follow me!         

She's the Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें