Rafe Cameron - Birthday Cake

The kitchen tile was cold against my feet as I danced around the room, swinging my hips to the song on the stereo. I cleaned along the counters as I twirled, placing my empty mixing bowls into the sink. The smell of my baking chocolate cake hung in the air. Just as the oven timer started ringing, I heard the front door open.

"I smell cake!" I heard JJ yell, shutting the door behind him.

He walked into the kitchen, leaving muddy footprints along the floor.

"JJ, your shoes!" I moaned, shooing my brother away from the cake tray I was now holding. "This isn't for you."

"What?" JJ scoffed, "No cake?"

"No cake." I confirmed, "I'll make you one tomorrow."

"Then who's is that?"

"Um-" I stuttered, trying to make something up. "A friend's... birthday. I'm making a cake for my friend's birthday."

"Who?"

Dammit. "Her name is," I glanced at the flower magnets on the fridge. "...Petal?"

"Petal?"

"That's her nickname." I quickly added, "You've just never met her so, yeah."

"Fine." JJ moped. "But tomorrow, I get cake."

"Yes. Tomorrow you get cake."

He nodded, finally yanking his filthy shoes off. "Where's the mop?"

I pointed, placing my cake on the side to cool.

Soon after, JJ disappeared back out again, and I finished decorating the cake. When I was done, I took off my apron and shoved a jacket on.

I walked outside to my car and got in, placing the cake on the passenger seat beside me. I looked in my wing mirror to quickly reapply my makeup and attempted to start the engine. After three attempts, the car revved and I pulled away from the house, driving towards Figure Eight.

Rose greeted me as I pulled into the Cameron's driveway. Suddenly I felt out of place, looking around at all the fancy cars parked around me. But I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car.

"The cakes in the front." I said, pushing my door shut.

"Oh thank god." She said, pulling me into a quick embrace. "You're a life saver."

"No worries." I smiled, untucking my  hair from behind my ears. "Is Rafe inside?"

Rose nodded, taking my keys. "Yeah, kitchen I think. I'll lock up the car when I'm done."

I nodded awkwardly is response, making my way to the house. When I entered, loud music filled the house and there were people everywhere. I mumbled excuse me to a bunch of guys in expensive shirts, in an attempt to enter the kitchen.

I saw Topper leaning against the sink and immediately felt relieved.

"Y/N!" He cheered, beckoning my over to his group of friends. After a quick introduction, he pointed me in the direction of the back patio.

I walked out  and spotted Rafe, leaning over the railing. He held out his arms, cigarette in hand,  flexing the muscles in his back. His jaw was
slightly tensed and he was staring out at the trees.

"Happy Birthday." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

He spun around to face me and flashed me a smirk.

"Hey." He pulled me close and
wrapped his hands around my waist. My arms fit perfectly around his neck. Eventually, he stepped back and gave me a quick kiss.