John B - Carved Initials

"We're here." John B said, opening the door to his home.

"Wait." I said, grabbing hold of his arm. "What if your friends don't like me?"

John B let out a chuckle, snaking his arms around my waist. He shook his head in amusement.

"Y/N, you are the sweetest girl in the world. They'd be idiots if they didn't like you. Okay?"

"Okay." I said, smiling. John B took my hand in his and led me into the chateau. After closing the door, he took me to the living room.

"Guys!" John B shouted, as we entered the room, "Where are you?"

Dead silence.

"They must be out back." John B concluded, ushering me towards the back door.

Sat outside, there were three other teenagers. They were gathered around an unlit firepit, laughing amongst themselves.

"Hello?" John B said, as we approached them.

One by one, they lifted their heads and looked over at us. Their eyes rested on me.

"Meet Y/N." John B said, snaking his arm around my waist.

I waved awkwardly at the group. "Hi."

"Hey!" They said in sync.

"So,"John B said, gesturing towards the blone one, "This is JJ."

JJ nodded his head at me and winked.

"This is Kie."

Kie stood up and enveloped me in a hug. "Nice to meet you."

I hugged her back, "Nice to meet you too."

"And this..." John B continued, "Is Pope."

The last member of the group stood up and held his hand out. "Hey."

I shook it and smiled, "Nice to meet you Pope."

"Right," John B interrupted the silence, "What do we say to a beach day?"

"I can't. I've got work." Kie said guiltily.

"And I've got to help dad with the storm clean up."

"Well, I guess its just me, Y/N and JJ then." John B said.

"Oh no." JJ laughed, "I'm not thirdwheeling. You two go by yourselves and do something 'coupley.'"

"Are you sure?" John B replied, " I don't want you to be hanging by yourself."

"Meh, I'll find something to do." JJ said, "You two have fun now!"

"It was nice to meet you Y/N." Kie said, before the three of them turned to leave.

"You too." I replied, waving goodbye.

"See?" John B said once the rest of the group had left. "I told you they'd like you!"

He put a hand on either side of my hips and pulled me closer. I draped my arms over his shoulders and pecked his lips.

"Beach time?"

"Beach time." He replied. "But I wanna show you something first."

"What is it?" I asked, knotting my eyebrows.

"You'll see." John B replied, "Now, close your eyes."

We walked for a few seconds before John B removed his hands from over my eyes. We stood in front of a tree, with our initials carved into it.

"What do you think?" John B asked.

"I love it." I said, pulling him into a hug.

"This way, you'll be reminded of me, no matter what." He said, putting an arm around my waist.

"No matter what? Like you leaving me for some bimbo?" I joked.

"No, smartass. As morbid as it sounds, the only think that would drag me away from you would be death."

"Way to kill the mood dude." I said, pulling him closer to me. "Besides, you're never gonna die. I won't let you."

John smiled, but there was a look in his eyes. (This is during John B's search for the gold. He's unsure of what could happen in the future.)

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting a hand against his cheek.

He placed his hand over mine and smiled reasurringly, "Nothing."

"Promise?" I asked, smiling back at him.

"Promise." He said, "And hey! What about when I'm old and grey, with heart problems, on my death bed?"

"Okay, now you're being a smartass!" I said, nudging him playfully, as I tried to lighten the conversation.

"Climb with me?" He asked, taking shelter under the tree as it began to rain.

I laughed as he grabbed hold of a tree branch, pulled himself onto it and held his hand out.

"I'm not climbing a tree." I scoffed, folding my arms.

"Oh, come on Y/N!" John B pleaded, "The views gorgeous from up here!"

I laughed, "You're a metre off the ground!" 

"Babe, I'm trying to be romantic." He said, climbing onto the branch above his head. "Now, please, climb this tree with me."

"Fine." I gave in and held onto his hand, pulling myself onto the branch. 

"Here, stand up." John B said, stepping onto his feet.

"No way." I said, shaking my head quickly.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"John B, I'm no-"

"Y/N, do you trust me?"

"Yes." I said.

"Then close your eyes." He said, taking my hand once again. "I promise you won't fall."

I closed my eyes reluctantly. Darkness. I felt John B pull me to my feet and my eyes shot back open. I clung onto him, pressing his back against the tree trunk. I glared at him angrilly.

"Just look." John B said, pointing downwards.

"Wow." I said, looking below. I could see the whole cut; all the trees and water and cabins. It looked better than I'd expected from above.

I turned to face John B, grinning. "It's pretty."

"Stop it! You're making me blush!" He said in a high pitched tone.

I rolled my eyes, laughing at his response. "You know what John B? It's a good job I love you."

Silence. I stared at him, realising what I had just said. "I... I didn't m-"

"I love you too." John B said, pressing his lips against mine before I could reply. And I kissed him back.  For those few minutes, I forgot how high up I was, I forgot how cold it was, I forgot about the thin, weak branch that we were stood on. Because when I was with him, everything else fell away.

***

Authors note - Please continue to suggest storyline ideas and request characters in the comments.
Also, I hope you enjoyed this imagine! However, I do apologise if I mentioned the names Jack or Hope by accident. This was originally a chapter from one of my unpublished books and I may have forgotten to change a name or two  😳  Anyways... thanks for reading!