Told You To Be Careful

I was going insane. It had been another 6 months and they had successfully taken down the second base and the data was successfully copied and backed-up onto our systems but still barley any communication between the others and me and it was killing me it had been 8 full months of loneliness. 

"Y/n, it seems to be that the others are back." at this I abruptly bolt upright at what I had heard Jarvis say, they hadn't tried to warn me or anything that they were coming home. Wasting no more time I run to the elevator making my quickly to the roof where the Quinjet finishes landing and the ramp opens and they all come out some were limping slightly, some were fine with a few scratches and one. That idiotic stupid one was the only one who couldn't hold his own weight.

"Holy crap. Barnes, you alright? Of course you're not look at you, I told you to be careful you dumbass." his chuckle is so faint and weak as Steve and Loki carefully help him towards me.

"I was." I scoff as he pushes himself off of Steve and Loki who try to get him to lean on them again, him being stubborn Bucky goes to move towards me but can't walk or even limp so is about to fall and on instinct I quickly move forward and catch him.

"Damn, sometimes I forget how strong you are." I roll my eyes as I hold him up easily him gripping my arms and shoulders tightly to try and hold himself up.

"Thanks. You need to lie down preferably in a hospital bed. Come on."

"No. No. Please, not yet, please." I don't move as I hear his tired and broken please for me not to move or take him anywhere.

"Okay. Okay. We won't go anywhere yet, what's wrong?"

"I just want..." at those three words he falls into a long hug with me, I hold most of his weight as he gets as close as he can to me with his face nuzzled into my neck so I just hold him as the other stand around as precaution. After a while, I shove at him very gently causing him to pull back as best he can and look down at me.

"Don't worry we can continue later after you get checked and helped, okay?" he nods his head before I take one of his arms over my shoulder.

"Steve a little help, please." he quickly rushes to help me on the other side and we, as quick as possible, take him down to med bay. Once there we help him ease onto the bed where he immediately lets go of trying so hard to be strong and falls/relaxes into the bed. 

"Steve I'm glad you're ok and home but what happened?" he sighs before looking down at Bucky.

"We were infiltrating the final base, the hardest one there were tonnes of Hydra agents there but we were overpowering them still. We got to the data but had no time to contact you so used our back-up USB which we have safe and sound before erasing it all there. As we were fighting our way out of there the building started blowing up and collapsing on top of us, the Hydra agents not even fighting anymore but running out of the way so we started to as well. As we were running out none of us noticed the falling rock near the entrance except Bucky so he went and held it up for us. He would not let any one of us help him at all saying we had to get out before him." I shake my head looking down at a passed out Bucky.

"I told him to be careful."

"That's not exactly Bucky's forte."

"Clearly. But that doesn't explain why he can't walk or hold his weight." Steve scratches his neck before facing me.

"Well as he was holding it up for us to get out a Hydra agent shot him 3 times, one in his left leg and the other 2 in his right."

"What?! Why didn't you start with that?!" I pick up a magazine close to me and beat Steve over the head with it a few times before I stop.