Mission

I begin to wake up and check the time on my clock to notice it was 10:47am so I start to exit my bed before noticing there was a lovely smell in there.

"What the?" in confusion I completely forget about getting ready for the day and head out into the living space of my floor that I've used a whole time of once. As I make my way out there I see a shirtless Bucky swaying at the oven of the kitchen I never use to music I hadn't noticed yet. With a small smile I lean against the wall watching him cook for a while until he turns around pan in hand to place the food onto a plate until he notices me stood there and he freezes.

"You alright there?" he doesn't say anything as I make my way over to the other side of the counter he was on.

"Well, I thought you were still asleep and this was going to be surprised for you." I shake my head at him as I watch him finish up plating the food he made for the two of us.

"As lovely as this is, won't the others get suspicious?" I follow him to the table as we sit across one another and start to eat.

"No. I asked Jarvis to alert them that we were both tired after the incident last night and slept in. Don't worry they believe I went back to my room." 

"Incident?" he looks up at me and my confused expression.

"You were going into panic over a nightmare, we all came down and I woke you up before staying the night."

"I'm sorry I didn't remember."

"It's understandable I'm glad you don't remember it for your sake." I smile at him as I continue eating.

"Jesus Bucky, you can cook." he smirks at me as I scoff down his food.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Seriously you need to cook more. This is amazing." he laughs at me.

"Woah, woah. Slow down a little, you're going to make yourself sick." I roll my eyes at him as I finish my last bite before relaxing into my seat.

"I'm fine, you're fine and that breakfast was fineeee." he laughs a hearty laugh as he finishes up himself before clearing our plates and I get up.

"You're so weird."

"I'm your girlfriend, should've thought about that before you asked me out." he walks over to me and holds me by my waist, he's never been this intimate with me and we hadn't been dating for more than a full 24 hours but I didn't mind still. It felt natural so I held his arms as he held me.

"I did. And I wouldn't change asking you." he starts to lean in before we're interrupted by Jarvis.

"Pardon me, but Mr Rogers requests everyone in the conference room including y/n." I watch Bucky sigh and pull back slightly.

"Thanks Jarvis tell him we'll be right there."

"Of course." Bucky looks back down to me before sighing.

"We should each get changed and quickly." I nod letting his arms go but he doesn't let me go.

"Uh, you going to go and get changed then?"

"I will. Just want to see something." I look at him confused before he leans down and pecks my lips and letting go heading to the elevator.

"What? You can't just do that Barnes!"

"I was right then, you're needy for me." I stare after him bewildered at what he said before turning and getting changed in 5 minutes before making my way up to the conference room to notice that the only seat available was beside Bruce but I didn't mind at all.