Christmas Planning

I start to stir to the beeping of a heart rate monitor from beside me and I go to open my eyes before immediately shutting them again at the harshness of the lights, letting them adjust I open them again before going to sit up noticing the bandage wrapped around my abdomen.

"Woah, relax, easy." I look to the right side of the bed to see Bucky going to help me up carefully, and once I'm sat up he leaves my side heading for the door.

"What...where are you going?" I look at him confused, my voice coming out incredibly hoarse as he stops to turn to me.

"To get Bruce, he wanted to know when you were ok." I shake my head.

"Can't you do that in moment, I just need...I want..." I start to breathe heavily as he hastily walks back over to my side and takes my hand.

"Okay, relax. I'm here I won't go anywhere but Bruce really does need to be down here to make sure you're ok, at least let me ask Jarvis." I nod before he asks Jarvis to alert Bruce I was awake before sitting in the chair pulled right up to my bed still holding my hand.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." he laughs as I smile.

"You should've been more careful."

"I was as careful as I could be, besides I'm fine." he sighs at me before squeezing my hand.

"Guess what?" I hum in response.

"It's November 8th."

"So?"

"You woke up on the day of our 1 year anniversary. It's like you knew." I make an 'oh' face before smiling at him.

"Well then happy 1 year." he sits up and gives me a sweet and passionate kiss.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt." we pull away as Bruce walked into the room.

"It's fine. Nice to see you Bruce." he smiles as he begins to check vitals and myself.

"How you feeling?"

"Neither here nor there." he laughs at me before finishing up his checks.

"Well, healing a lot faster than anticipated which means you don't have to be here for much longer about a week or 2."

"That's the best news I've had since waking up." I here a gasp come from Bucky.

"Really? After finding out about today being our 1 year anniversary, I see how it is."

"Oh it's your guys' 1 year today?" we both nod at Bruce.

"What a way to spend it in a medical bed." I laugh as Buck chuckles.

"What did you and Nat do for your 1 year anniversary?" we watch as Bruce stands thinking about it for a moment.

"Well we went on a romantic weekend away to Brazil, she always wanted to go there." 

"Wow, really?" he nods smiling at the memory.

"Yeah, it was about time we spent a vacation away together. It was hard hiding it but we managed and it was worth it." he shrugs before standing at the end of my bed as I have a frown grow on my face.

"What's wrong?"

"Can't believe I'm stuck here for a week or 2."

"I'm really sorry but there are ways to make this situation more fun and romantic. Now I do have to go Wanda is making dinner." I wave as Bruce leaves.

"What happened with the prime minister?"

"He was fine. Shaken up but completely fine Hydra didn't do anything to him at all and he's resting up for a while."