13

Gabriel's POV:

I arrived quickly at the college. Then, I saw Evelyn. She didn't look sick. I lowered the window and grined at her.
   - Hi babe ! Are you feeling better?
   - What? Uhm... Yes! Yes...
   - Are you feeling good enough to walk?
    - Ugh.. I mean. Yes, I am.
   Evelyn got up, a little annoyed and entered.
     - I'm going in the living room... Where is it?
      - Third floor.
      I continued working, till I heard a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anybody. I opened the door and saw... Evelyn ? She looked more sick than the "other one". So if Evelyn is here...then who is in the living room? Then, I turned around and saw the "other Evelyn" grinning at me. She punched me hard and held my hand like  handcuffs do.
   - Gabriel, you are even dumber than you were before.
Evelyn grabbed the gun that was on the table and hold it looking at her copy. She was trembling while holding the gun, wanting to shot the woman.
    - Try, but you'll fail, little girl.
Said the woman, then grabbed me tighter and punched Evelyn, letting her fall to the ground.
I started struggling agitated, but I couldn't escape her. She took me in a black van and put a mask on my face. I couldn't breathe because of  it and I passed out.
   Next thing I knew, was me laying on the ground, in a dark room. There was a silhouette there.
     - I can see you, moron.
The silhouette got closer by every second. Above my head was a light bulb. Not very bright , but enough to illuminate an area of 9 m2. Then the silhouette got close enough to see his face in the dim light of the light bulb.
      -James...
I said sharp through my teeth.
      - You know, you shouldn't call a sir by their name, Gabriel.
      - Don't say my name. Everytime you say my name, it will bring shame to it.
      - You don't deserve me telling your name. Listen... I don't want you, I want your dear girlfriend. Just wait...

Evelyn's POV:

I woke up laying in a comfy bed. I looked around kinda confused. The walls were pastel yellow, the bed where I was sitting had white silk linens, the curtains were made of lace with ornaments attached to them and on the white bedside table next to the bed, there was a necklace with diamonds attached to it. I got up slightly from the bed and took the necklace. I put it on my neck and walked yelled at the door. Then I discreetly opened the door and looked into the long corridor behind the door. I walked down the hallway. In the oppressive silence, I began to hear screams of pain, torture. There were many rooms in the hallway and I did not know from which door the screams were heard. A few minutes later, I reached the end of the corridor. At the end of the hallway was a door. From it, you could hear screams. I didn't think... I opened the door, without even hiding. There was a chair in the room, but not a normal one. It looked like those torture chairs that you see in the movies. On it stood a boy. I analyzed him with my eyes just to realize, that was Gabriel.
    - I'm Not telling you, James! Even if you kill ME. said Gabriel.
It seemed they didn't notice me. Right then, a tall man stepped into the poor light of the light bulb above Gabriel.
   - You HAVE TO!
Then, Gabriel looked around and saw me. He moaned, but it didn't seem from the pain. The man looked where Gabriel was looking and saw me as well.
   - Well look who's here, Gabriel... said the man while coming closer and playing with a strand of my hair.
    - Leave her alone, moron!
    - I don't like you calling me moron, not James either, but since you don't know my last name, I'll let you call me James.
The tall man, or shall I say "James", grabbed my arm tightly. I moaned quietly and looked at him for couple seconds. His eyes were full of hate. I looked back at Gabriel for help, but he was half passed out in the torture chair. We arrived in the room I woke up. We sat on the bed and he smiled.
    - Listen Evelyn... I'm sorry you had to see me like this, I was just kinda mad...
     - And you tortured Gabriel because you were mad? I said with teary eyes.
He carrassed my back and looked at me.
      - I want to tell you something... You heard me saying that Gabriel doesn't know my last name. I choose not to say it because...My last name is Allen, like yours, Evelyn Allen. he said smiling.
       - But if we have the same last name... You have to be my brother or father?
       - Yes... The second option. I'm glad we reuni-
        - YOU MORON! I HATE YOU! You left me with nothing! Now mom is gone as well. I'm leaving.
I stormed out and went into the room Gabriel was.
         - Gabriel?
       Someone grabbed me by my waist.
          - Shh... Let's go Evelyn. said Gabriel. Come!
       He guided me through the corridors. Until then, I heard a voice. It was James' voice. Gabriel hold the gun tightly, just in case. I whispered:
         - See you in the room behind that corner.
And I pointed at the corner in the right. I hugged him, then kissed him.
          - I'm going to miss you.
          - What do you mea-
          - Go, NOW!

Gabriel's POV:

I ran in the room Evelyn told me to go. I was  still wondering what she meant by " I'll miss you...". She may be scared, but it's not forever. I went in the room and saw a note on the bedside.

    Hi love!

I'm sure you're wondering what I meant " I'll miss you", weird of me saying that, right? I'll explain later. I wanted to tell you that I really love you and I'm so thankful I've met you.
When I said "I'll miss you" I meant, that I'll be gone. I didn't want to risk anything happening to you so, I let James kill me. He told me that if he can't have me as his daughter ( yes, he is my father) no one can.

              With love,
                    Your gone girlfriend
Love you!

By the time I finished reading, I heard a shot.
     - EVELYN? EVELYN???
   Tears flowed down my cheeks.
     - WHERE ARE YOU MORON?
I got out of the door, took the knife on the bedside and looked after James. When I saw him, I didn't think of anything and threw the knife at him and stabbed him.