1

Evelyn's POV :

It was a beautiful day in the spring of 2008. I was 4 years old. I was going with my mother to kindergarten. Since my dad passed away, I didn't have much of a choice. When the kindergarten program finished, my mom came to pick me up, but another car from the opposite way came and my mom was in a car accident in front of my face.

Since that day, I was an orphan. In 2010 it was my first day at school. The orphanage would take me to school and pick me up, the days would boringly pass and I would grow up faster and faster. 2019, was my first day at high school and that is where the story begins, exactly, in 2021, 17 years old.

In 2021, on 10 March, everyone in the hallway would talk about the new boy that was coming to our high school. Everyone was excited, for me, it was another student that would bully me because of my life of being an orphan, even if I had no choice.

After a few days, he was already the school's shining star. Every girl that I knew was deeply in love with him and they would fight for him like crazy.

The only normal girl beside me was my two besties, Marybeth and Lisa. They would try to protect me, especially from my biggest bully, Sasha. When she was around, she and her "teammates" just bullied me and everyone in the school. Except for one day, when things got a weird turn.

The program changed, and now I was in class with the new student, Gabriel Park.
Tall black-haired boy with goldish-looking eyes. He smiled at me, but just for a mini-second. When thé high school program ended, every girl was whispering, I would hear it everywhere

" Did you hear, the mafia's son smiled at Evelyn, she's so lucky and she didn't even care! "

Marybeth and Lisa came running to me, Lisa even fell, they asked quickly:
- How was it?
- What?
-Well, Gabriel smiled at you!
I could see Gabriel looking at me from the corner of my eye, I knew he was listening.
- Bet he was looking at his other ... (And I looked at him straight ) girlfriends ...

And I smiled and then I walked away. Gabriel's look seemed shocked at my action, but satisfied, which made me chuckle a little. We weren't close, but I could slightly see little smiles on his face.

One day, let's say I kinda went a little far, it wasn't much, I guess. He put his hand on my shoulder. I was mad, I don't know why tho...We were next to the stairs, I was looking for my charger cause my phone was dying.

I intended to push him, but Marybeth was a step further. She pushed me from my back, falling into his arm, he was kinda disorientated and fell down the stairs, I fell as well, but the difference is that I kinda hurt myself. Surprisingly, Gabriel wasn't hurt, he ran to me as quickly as possible. He carried me in his arms to the nurse's office.

Gabriel seemed worried, that's all I could remember, cause I fainted. It was a pretty bad injury, but I felt great and energetic. The doctor was surprised I didn't enter a coma.

When I woke, the first thing that I saw, wasn't the doctor or the nurse, in front of me, was sitting Gabriel. He's been sitting here for two hours. Since that day, we became very good friends.

Like any other friends of your gender, Marybeth and Lisa, would always ship me with him, but who cared, we were only good friends, that's all... right?

***

One day, Zack came to me. ( Zack is Gabriel's friend) He wanted me to come with him to the library... Marybeth and Lisa were giggling, but I ignored that, big mistake. I went to the library with Zack, but he didn't enter. Then I realized: It was a trap! I was looking terrified to the door, but then someone touched my shoulders, caressing them.

I looked agile back, and from the corner of my eye, I saw Gabriel. I breathed deeply, I was so relieved it wasn't Sasha, it sounds like something she would do.

We spent time together and that was the day I fell for him. At first, I thought he was a player, but I was the only girl he smiled at. I was starting to think Marybeth and Lisa were right for shipping, it's kinda obvious.

Gabriel's POV:

- You owe me a thank you, Gabriel. Not every friend traps girls in libraries for her to fall for you...
- I know Zack, but she's just too...good.
- Gabriel, what in the world happened to you? I mean, she's pretty...fine, I guess.
I got to Zack and grabbed him by his shoulders.
- How dare you to tell such a thing about my...my...
I went too far...
- Your "nothing "?
I was dying of jealousy, I will make her mine, forever and ever.

Zack's POV:

God, it seems like Gabriel has gone crazy over this girl. He's not the same I can tell, he's only around her. Like they would be two magnets attracting each other.
I will help him get this girl, he never found someone to love from the bottom of his heart. It's kinda weird helping the mafia's son to get some random girls from high school, but I've gotta, that's what friends do. Well...I guess so...

***

I wish we could spend more time together, as friends... But they're always together, and even if I work with him, it seems like he forgot about me.

Day and night, noon and lunch, they are always together! I should help him even I don't wanna! If he will have a fucking girlfriend, it would be worse! We won't stay together at all!

I started to get mad, I want my old Gabriel...my loyal and dear friend. NO...I made my decision, I will try to ruin their friendship, if they aren't friends, they can't feel love for each other...That's the plan...

Evelyn does trust me, a lot, it will be easy to trick her, that the bad boy and popular guy trapped her and hurt her feeling (I mean Gabriel hurt her feeling)... The next day, I went to school. The moment I saw Evelyn I ran to her.
- Hi Eve! Can I borrow your... necklace?
- Zack, you know how I feel about people taking my necklace...It's the last thing my mom gave me...