3

The next when I woke up, I was alone. Evelyn left for college. I had to go to my office, but I couldn't. I didn't allow myself to tell Evelyn, that I was...shot

When she thought I went to my father's grave, I went to the hospital. I told her that so she wouldn't worry. I told her I was staying at a hotel near the cemetery. It wasn't true.

My coworkers and assistants allowed me to stay home few days, but I had to confirm some stuff that they would ask. When I got up, my head hurt. But that didn't matter when I saw a note in front of the door.

Hi baby, I had left for school. I'm so sorry for yesterday. When I will came to college, I will cook you something, since I didn't do that for a long time. I see you're kinda tired, please rest today. I will make you some tea. I prepared you some breakfast in our dining room on the third floor. Love you!

Love, Evelyn

I slightly smiled. I went by elevator, cause I can't walk. I ate, it was surprisingly very good. I was waiting for Evelyn when...

... it was a knock on the window. I slowly approached the window. Zack was in front of the window on the balcony.

-How did you climb to the third floor?
- I didn't. You have an outside elevator.

I leaned my head back. Frowning a little.

- Yes, that's right. What happened Zack?
- I came to check on you...

Evelyn's POV:

I was walking home. I bought a vase for some flowers Gabriel gave me. I went inside, when, I heard a noise from upstairs. I ran up the stairs to the third floor. I entered the living room.

Right then, I saw Gabriel hanging with Zack. I dropped the vase that broke into thousand of glass pieces.
Gabriel looked at me. I saw him wanting to get up as fast as possible and come to my side, but something stopped him.

- What in the world, I shouted, is he doing here ?

He looked terrified at the glass.

- You better come here baby, the glass isn't safe. Please...
- Don't call me baby! And I'm not afraid of this glass.

I said while stepping on it.
He got up while moaning, then he fell to the ground.

- Babe? Gabriel? Why are you staying there Zack? Do something!

While shouting at him, I saw, a mark... It was a shot mark...

Gabriel's POV:

I was in a beautiful place, I don't know where, but it was beautiful. There were pastel clouds and golden gates. Like...heaven? Then, a beautiful black-haired woman came.

- Hi, Gabriel. You don't know who I am, but I will tell you. I'm Evelyn's mother. And you ARE in heaven, almost, as you know, that I'm dead. Please, Gabriel, I know she hasn't shown you, but you're extremely important to her. But you have to fight!
- For what?
- Your life, Gabriel! You're dying in real life! You're in a coma! I know is sounds nonsense, but you are. Please, fight...

That was the last thing I heard...Right then, I woke up. First thing I saw, was Evelyn. She shouted everywere.

- Miss Lynn, he's awake! He's awake! Don't worry Gabriel, we will help you get on your feet.

She was crying and holding my hand. I want to fight for my life with her, but the black-haired lady didn't explained how!

The doctor came, apparently named " Miss Lynn ", she checked something in a little notebook.

- Mister Park...You're alive! I haven't seen anything as amazing as this! You had the most severe injury I saw in my whole career!

Evelyn was staying in a corner, leaning her head on the wall.

- Miss Lynn, bring Evelyn to me, please...

Miss Lynn went to Evelyn and talked to her, she shook her head and put her head in her hands, sobbing.

- I'm sorry Mister Park, Miss Evelyn doesn't want to.

I looked at Evelyn. She didn't want to talk to me? There were a few moments of silence. Then, Evelyn walked up to me and leaned her head on my shoulder. I sighed slowly, approving to myself she was just confused.

A few days later, they let me go home. Things got to normal. Every day, I would drive Evelyn to college, then I would go to work, when Evelyn arrived home, Zack would stay with Eve till' I came home. Until...

Evelyn's POV:

It was a Monday morning. I woke up, ate, dressed up, and looked for Gabriel.
- Shall we go now?
- I'm sorry baby, I can't...
- Then who is gonna drive me to school?
- Zack will, he's waiting for you outside.
- Ok...
- Bye! Love you princess!
- I told them not to call me princess!
- I didn't hear ya!
He said while chuckling.
I was outside, looking for Zake when I saw someone waving. That's him!
- Hi Zake!
- Hi, Miss Park...
He said while grinning. That made me blush so hard, I bet I looked like the color red itself.
- That's not my name!
- Well, it will be after marriage...
- We aren't even married!
Then I heard him whisper " But soon you will "
I ignored him whispering. At school, it was kinda boring. Except for lunchtime. I was texting Gabriel when I saw a nickname that made me chuckle and grin so badly, that I almost laughed. Lisa and Marybeth took my phone and read my messages, I tried catching it. I failed of course!
For the people wondering, the nickname was "babygirl". I had to blush at that one! In the end, I went to Gabriel's office. I entered the door.
- What do you-
When he turned around, his face suddenly become light and happy.

 - Babe! What are you doing here baby?
- I missed you...
He smiled.
- Gabriel, can I sit behind you?
- No, you can sit in the guest room or... on my lap...
I put myself with my back on his chest and leaned my head next to his, put his hands around my waist, and whispered in his year:
- Last time I did that, you couldn't concentrate on your work remember?
- I do baby, but it was surely worth it all.
I rotated in front of him out of his embrace. I raised his chin with my finger.
- On second thought, I gotta leave...
He grabbed my hand and hold me back close.
- Why?
- I just do... I'm kinda busy, but I'm yours all night.
He smiled deeply.
- I'm all yours then if that's helping you, baby.

***