9

I sighed hard and looked around looking for something that would help me solve the problem, but I realized I was just awkwardly staying in silence. I had no choice, but wait for her in the evening. I had a feeling she wasn't with her friends and I also had an explanation: she haven't spend time with them a long time...She didn't even go to school as much. She would even skip it sometimes!

Few hours had passed. It was 11 o'clock in the evening. I heard a noise coming from the door. I pretended I was asleep to see what she was doing. Evelyn entered the room. She was in a pistachio green short dress tight on her thin body. She was carrying two black sparkling heels in her hands. Her hair was disheveled and flipped over on the right side. Her face wasn't covered as much with make up as last time when I saw her in the morning.

She was struggling a little to walk. I wasn't sure which was the reason. People don't drink that much with their classmates, right? Oh god...After few seconds I realized, thank God, that her struggling of walking wasn't because of any drink...Her foot seemed a little hurt,but I didn't get up. I wanted to see what she was about to do.

She walked up next to me and looked at me. She leaned in and kisses me on my forehead and lips. I'm gonna pretend more often that I'm asleep from now on. She went and took some clothes from the wardrobe, then in to the bathroom and changed into some summery vibes clothes, because of them being more lowered down. Right then, she got a call. She rolled her eyes and picked up.

- What the heck do you want?
- You, tomorrow, Willow Street. Understood? I need to talk to you...
- Can I bring Gab-

But before she could finish, the voice on the phone, that also, sounded like a man ,snort madly and countinued what he was saying.

- In private...I don't want your stupid boyfriend to disturb us...
- He isn't stupid! And what can he disturb? I tough we we're just gonna talk about college and other stuff like that...
- Oh you're so naive Evelyn...See you tomorrow 5 o'clock in the morning.
- Bye...
That's all I could hear before she would hang up. She froned confused looked at me. Then I heard her whispering:
- If you would've been awake...If I could tell you,I would...But I can't and that hurts me and it will hurt you too...I'm sorry...

A tear dropped out of her grey-blueish as she was laying in bed, next to me. And she whispered once again:
- I'm sorry...

Evelyn's POV:

I woke up at 04:30 A.M.. My colleague was waiting for me. I've met Lucas a few days ago, at the first time when he came to our college.

Luca's first day at school

It was a rainy day. Miss Whatson was teaching the first time and asked us to introduce ourselves. When I had to introduce myself, even if I didn't want to, a blond haired boy with green eyes entered the room. He looked at the teacher than directly at me, in my eyes. I gasped for a second and looked around. Miss Whatson smiled and looked at me.

- Evelyn... Can you please give Lucas a tour?
I froned looking at her and just noded.

- Come...I don't have all day.
- So...I heard your name is Evelyn.
- Wooow... You discovered your ears and how to make them hear?
- I appreciate your sarcasm...Hey, wanna meet Saturday? It's gonna be fun...You can bring your friends as well. 5 o'clock sharp.
- If you shut up, I'll go. Just keep your mouth shut
- No problem dear...
I raised my hand to slap him, but then I saw the principle coming. I looked around and grabbed his hand.

- Let's go... And for your INFORMATION, don't call me dear. I won't let you, even to call me Eve. You're just a colleague... I don't care about you and shall not care about me.
- I won't care about you if you go with me Sunday as well. But this time alone.
- OK... Fine. But for everyone's information: I DIDN'T want to come.
- Ok dear ...
- Fuck you
- If you insist...
Then I just leaved.

***

Now, it's Sunday... I don't want to go... Saturday was scandalous, in a bad way. He told me he has feelings for me, when my friends leaved. If today he wants for me to come alone, something bad will happen and I can't tell Gabriel. He told me not to tell anyone. Gabriel is much stronger than him, but who knows... What if brought bodyguards or whatever...
I walked where he asked me to go. I was dressed in some jeans and a random white shirt. Lucas was dressed in a elegant costume.
- Why are you dressed like that?
He walked closer towards me.
- I wanted to look hot while showing you what...love can do, he said, asking you to accept my appreciation.
- I refuse your appreciation. I have a boyfriend...
- If you don't want plan A, love , I'll go with plan B, pain...

Before I could say something, he pushed me down with my back on the wall and punched me in my stomach. That cut my breath apart. After that, he pushed me to the ground then punched my knee, so hard I could cry.

- Changed your mind?
- NO, fuck you. Get your mind together...
- Still being rude with people around you? That's a shame...

He punched my face, making it bleed out of the scars and bruises he made on my skin. I was hardly breathing and everything around me was spinning.
I was laying on the floor.

- Changed your mind?
- Never...
He pulled out a gun.
- Seems like the abuse doesn't help, so I got this.

He put the gun pointing at my head. Fear felt like a thousand of needles pricking my skin, that grew like an expanding balloon withing my chest, before I could see Gabriel...I tough I had a hallucination...

I looked around to see if I had anything on my body, like a GPS and I was right. I had a little device on my hand. I sighed in relief, but tried to seem scared. Gabriel raised his hand. He was holding a tanquilizer. He slowly got closer, but Lucas turned around and saw Gabriel. Gabriel pushed the tanquilizer into his skin, but Lucas was faster and shot him. Lucas fell to the ground. But Gabriel didn't. He seemed like he was trying to breathe.

- GABRIEL! Fuck... Why did you come?
He couldn't really speak, but he whispered:
- You could die... I had to do it.
- I preferred for me to happen that... Is the second fucking time when you get shot...
- The good part is that I didn't got shot because of you~