10

He smiled, but I continued his sentence:
- ~The first time, Gabriel.

I grabbed him by his hand and called Zack. He came and took Gabriel to the hospital and I went home. I felt so guilty... Happily, didn't thought I would say that, he wasn't shot to badly and he was going to be full recovered in 5 days.

After 2 weeks however, I asked my assistant to tell him to come in my room at 8 o'clock sharp.
Gabriel came in my room. He seemed a little confused, but he was smiling. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out the window. The night sky was like and endless ocean, an icy wasteland, a river of stars. Although the sky was amazingly beautiful, I had to tell Gabriel. I turned my head at him and froned a little irritated. Gabriel knew that face...

- What is it baby?
- Ever since we've met, I've known that we're special. That, the way we talk and laugh around each other is different than everybody else. That I will never anyone I can trust as much as I trust you. And I think...most people search their whole lives to find what we've already found...

Gabriel smirked, but I wasn't finished.
- Even though...we did find this...we don't know if it is the right distinction of keeping this connection. I'm a distraction for you and probably, your also one for me... I haven't evolved with my studies at my college. You shouldn't love my anymore...

Gabriel's smile dropped.
- To love you means that I accept you for the person that you are and that I don't wish to change you into someone else. It means that I do not expect perfection from you, just as you don't expect that from me. "I love you" means that I will love you and stand by you even at the worst times in your life. It means loving you when you are in a bad mood or too tired to do things I want to do. It means loving you when you are down, not only when you're fun to be with. You want me to let all this away?
- People say they love the rain, but they open their umbrellas. People say they love the sun, but they look for a shadow spot. People say they love the wind, but they close their windows. That's why I'm afraid when you say you love me...I don't want to hurt you... Mentally or physically, but I've gotta do what's best for both. I'm so sorry...
- You don't had a place to stay... You shall continue to stay here.
- I'm staying at a hotel.
I ran in the elevator, knowing Gabriel was gonna go after me.
Outside, it was raining... Great! I tried running, but I fell. Gabriel came in time and helped me get up ...Then whispered:
- Please... don't leave me here with nothing.
- You've got everything! Money, big house, a good life ... What else could you want?
- You... I want you... And the thing I wish the most leaves me...
Tears were dropping out of my eyes nonstop. He wiped the tears from my blueish-grey eyes. Then I screamed:
- I'm sorry!
I kissed him on the lips and ran... Just ran thought the rain. I didn't want to leave him, but I had to. I promised him I would never leave him, but I broke my promise hardly...and may I add, that I didn't want to break it.

Gabriel's POV:

I stood frozen in the doorway, watching her run, at least trying to run...Today, 27 July, officially, my world, that seemed to be perfect, crashed into thousand pieces on the cold ground. I wasn't used crying or sobbing, I didn't show it, but I was mentally destroyed. I'm sure she had a better reason, which, I don't know, but I wish I did. If I would've knew, I wouldn't be as sad.

She seemed to hurry leaving this place so much, she even forgot her clothes. I'll probably send Kristen, her assistant, to give her some and she'll be my assistant I guess...I went to bed earlier today. What could I do? My heart seemed mushed and stabbed with a knife.

Evelyn's POV:

My knee hurt so much, but I couldn't stop running. I arrived at the hotel, paid for it almost 145 dollars for 2 months, which was pretty good, then I realized I didn't even took my clothes. So stupid.

I didn't want to leave Gabriel, of course. The reason of this, wasn't a distraction, sincerely, it was all Luca's fault.

* One week ago *

I was minding my own business. Just chilling on the couch doing absolutely nothing, when I got a call. Ugh...Lucas. I responded just because if I would ignore him once, he would annoy me so bad at college. I tried once.

- Hi there...Evelyn .
- What do you want, moron?
- Listen...I know you love your boyfriend. But...I don't like his attitude. You know...I had him under my gun. I had his life in my hands, waiting to mush it. You don't want to risk losing him, right? The only way you can save him, is breaking up with him. I don't want you with other boys. I didn't win your live and I won't achieve this goal if you are in a relationship already. So you shall break up with your boyfriend, knowing he's alive or refuse me and stay with him the last days you'll can...

I dropped the phone and fell on the ground. I lost my conscience for couple seconds.

- You can't do that! I'll tell the police!
- They'll think your playing around like a teen does. They won't believe you. They aren't THAT dumb, just a little. Accept my offer or let your boyfriend die... Your choice. It will be a good one or a bad one. Choose .
- I choose ... Fine! I'll break up with him. Just...promise me he'll be ok.
- You picked the good option. Good job! Yeah yeah he'll be fine. I don't care at all. Now byeee!!!

He seemed nice with that bye, but then changed his voice into a sarcasm and irritated voice saying " I've got better things to do "

Of course I didn't want to break up with him. But here we are ... The awful true present