7

- Hi slut!
- What do you want?
- I want to revenge...

I didn't have time to ask why or what, cause she punched me hard. I moaned and it wasn't like a good moan that I was doing when I didn't have air while kissing Gabriel. It wasn't the same. This was the moan of pure pain. She got near me and started kicking me and punching like she was blind. I went to the nurse's office. She asked what happend, I didn't answer. I just wanted her to wash this freaking blood, so Gabriel couldn't see it. He would freak out. She gently washed the blood of my wounds. I moaned at each scar. It was feeling so deep. I went outside. Then, I saw Gabriel's car. Of fuck! I forget he was picking me up... You can't really notice. Like... A super freaking mafia CEO won't notice some scars, right? Yea, I'm doomed. I entered the car.
- Hi baby! How was college?
Awesome I got punched in the face... Really awesome babe!
- Uhm... It was, good...
- Only good? What happened?
He gently grabbed my hand. Then he carrassed it. It was a heartbreaking and stabbing pain. I fastly withdrew my hand.There were a few moments of silence. He stopped the car and looked back. We were in front of our house. Then I saw his right hand, it was covered in blood. Then I realized, my hand was bleeding. Bet he realised, right?
- Babe?
I froze. I knew he was talking to me.
- Yes, baby?
- What happened, I ask you again...
- Nothing, I'm f-
- Don't you dare say you're fine! You are literally bleeding!
He called someone, told that person out location. Then, a doctor came. At least that was what I thought because of his look. He bandaged my hand and told me some stupid recommandations. When he finished, I pushed him slowly.
- Thanks...
Gabriel was looking at me as I was walking away.
I went inside and convinced myself I'm fine. I went and took a bath and changed myself in some random black clothes. But the next thing I saw, is a little predictable.

Gabriel's POV:

I went to our bedroom. Evelyn was laying in bed.
- Babe, you sure you are OK?
But there was no response.
- Baby? Are you good?
Still no response. Maybe she was sleeping.
I went in bed. I gently took the blanket off, just to see blood, all over her body. Her neck, her chest were bloody. I was so panicked. I felt like I was going to faint like a little girl.
- Kristen! Come here! Faster!
Her assistent came running in the room. When she saw Evelyn, she dropped her notebook, pencil and everything she was holding.
- Miss? Miss?
- She's unconscious...
We took her to the hospital. I wasn't that panicked in my whole life. She entered a coma. I went to Evelyn's "assigment" of coming with her legal guardian. I explained what happened and they seemed to understand.
A few weeks later, the doctor announced that her condition was getting better and she might wake up. But then I got a call. It was from the doctor there. Evelyn's heartbeat slowed down and she might not make it. I went to the hospital. She was pale and her black hair was a little decolorated. She seemed sick and tired, even if she wasn't awake. There was a machine. It has some random lines in my opinion. The doctor explained it was keeping track of her heartbeat, so they would know what is happening.

Lisa and MaryBeth were in the hall. I let them in. I left the room and sat on a chair in the hallway. After few minutes, I entered again, but this time, something was off. Then the nurse showed me. Her heartbeat tracker showed that her heart wasn't beating anymore. My whole life failed apart. The light of my life, my other half, the reason that was keeping me alive, was dead. I ran again in the hallway. For the first time in my life, I was crying for real, for a true reason. It was weird for me, since I haven't cried since I was little, when my closest childhood friend died. Now, I experience this again. It was a huge silence, you could only hear a slightly sound of sobbing. I put my head in my hands. Then the silence was broken by the doctor.

Evelyn's POV:

All of the sudden, I woke up in the hospital, I was breathing fastly. I was staying with my friends and a few doctors, but Gabriel was no were to be seen.
- Where are we?
- Miss Evelyn? You're alive?
- Yes...but where are we?
- Miss Evelyn, you are in the hospital...
- What, why? Where, I was so confused, where is Gabriel?
- Out the hall. I can call him if you wish so.
- Call him now!
The nurse almost ran to the door. I haven't heard much, but the next things I saw was Gabriel running in the room and getting on his knees next the hospital bed. He had teary eyes and a scared, but happy face.
- Eve, Evelyn...
He was crying discreetly. I gently caressed his cheek and whiped his tears off.
- I'm here...
He seemed so scared. I never saw this side of him. He made a hand gesture showing them to leave. After they leaved, he kissed me. I slowly moaned.
- I can't...
He slowly broke the kiss, frowning a little.
- No problem, he smiled, but tell me, who did this to you?
- You will kill that person...
- Probably...
- 100%
- Hmm, I said while grinning, it's not that important.
- Not that important?!
- Yes, now you shall call them back. I need some alone time...
I looked at him while he was leaving. I had nothing to do, but stare at the walls. Everything was just fine, till...

Gabriel's POV:

I was staying with the assistants, assuming that Evelyn was just tired and that was the reason of her rejecting attitude. Right then, there was a really loud noice from Evelyn's room. With her assistant's approval, I entered the room quickly. The blanket was arranged like someone was staying there, but actually, no one was in the bed.