Chapter 37- Year 1 of Forever

July 5, 2024James' POV

July 5, 2024
James' POV

"Happy anniversary, husband," Elle whispers, waking me up. A groggy smile lights up my face as my eyes slide open to see her sky blue eyes staring up at me, head laying on my chest with her chestnut locks falling around her, swollen belly pressed into my side, and the most gorgeous smile on her face.

"Happy anniversary, wife," I kiss her lips, pulling her on top of me. She rocks her hips against my hardening dick, softly moaning into my mouth. It's harder to have sex with her belly, but that hasn't stopped us yet. Pregnancy has increased her libido in ways that I cannot complain about in any way.

I smile against her lips as I guide myself to her entrance, entering her welcoming slick, heat in one smooth thrust. I lean back against the headboard, hands on her hips, and watch as she rides my cock with pure vigor. She is always beautiful, but especially so with my baby in her swollen belly as she rides my cock with the morning sunlight creating a golden halo around her.

On one particularly hard thrust, my muscles clench as I come inside her, watching as she comes, panting, on top of me. Collapsing, her head falls to my chest as she rides out the waves of her orgasm. I flip her over on her back, pulling out to watch my semen seep out of her in a primitive way. "How was that for a first anniversary?" I rasp, looking up to meet her eyes. She just responds in a tired chuckle. Picking her up, I carry her to the bathroom so we can clean up.

"Here," I hand Elle a gift bag as we finish up the dinner I cooked for us

"Here," I hand Elle a gift bag as we finish up the dinner I cooked for us. Our anniversary is a quiet night in, just what both of us need before the baby gets here.

"What is it?" She eyes me curiously.

"Well open it," I chuckle. She carefully takes out the tissue paper, placing it to the side before taking out the framed picture. After a few seconds, she realizes what it is and looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

I gave her a picture of the sky, stars and constellations, on the night we were wed. The night sky we said our vows and celebrated our union under. Under it are the numbers 224. The 3 numbers that symbolizes that night for us.

"Do you like it?" I ask nervously, hoping those are happy tears.

"I fucking love it," she reaches for me, I jump from my chair, rounding the table to pull her into a hug. Pulling back just slightly, I use my thumbs to brush away her tears as she laughs, eyes alight with joy. "Let me get your gift," she shoos me away. "Go sit on the couch and wait. I promise it's light so I can carry it," she assures me before I can complain.

I comply, and head to the couch. Minutes later, Elle comes in with a jewelry box. She hands it to me, a smile still on her face. "Okay, open it." Her hands shift nervously in her lap as she waits for my reaction.

Slowly I open the velvet box to find a ring with a tiny constellation on it. I immediately recognize the shape the stars create. Cygnus. The swan constellation.

"That first summer I was here, you told me about The Magpie Bridge. The two lovers forever separated except for one night a year. On that night, they cross the celestial river by using Cygnus as a bridge. That was the first time you had really shared your love of the stars, a piece of your mother with me. Every night, I look up into the stars and think about that story and all the others you have told me," she explains. I cut off any further explanation with my mouth.

Shocked, it takes her a second to return my kisses, but soon she sinks into them. "I love it," I whisper, placing my forehead to hers. "I love it so much."

"I also thought it would watch the necklace I gave you," her finger finds the silver chain dangling around my neck. I never take it off, just as she never takes off the butterfly necklace I gave her two years ago.

"Happy anniversary, Aloura," I whisper, wrapping her in a hug.

Snuggling into my body she whispers back, "Happy anniversary, James."