Chapter 11- NYC Christmas

December 26, 2023Elle's POV

December 26, 2023
Elle's POV

A knock on the door wakes me up. "Morning, sleepyheads," my dad calls from behind the closed door. "It's noon, you might want to wake up. We have a busy day."

I open my eyes to look at the time, and sure enough, it is 12:05pm. We got into NYC around 11pm last night and went right to sleep when we got in. Christmas time is way more exhausting this year than it usually is. It must be because I'm pregnant.

A kiss lands on my temple as a sleepy James yawns and lifts his arm from my waist. "I'll be right back," he gets up, throwing on a shirt and a pair of sweatpants, before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

I throw off the blanket, rolling out of bed and heading to the adjoining bathroom. I throw my hair in a bun, use the bathroom, and wash my hands before grabbing my clothes from my suitcase and get dressed.

Just as I'm putting on my butterfly necklace to compliment my beautiful new bracelet and wedding ring, James walks through the door with a plate of peanut butter and whole pickles. My mouth waters at the sight and smell of the most delicious snack I've ever had.

"Thought you might want this," he passes me the plate with a chaste kiss on the lips.

"Where did you get the pickles?" I ask, baffled. My parents are #1 pickle haters, and so was I until just recently, so they never keep pickles in the house.

"I had your mom pick them up yesterday. I wanted to make sure you had your current craving while we were here," he explains, adjusting my necklace.

"You seriously could not be more perfect," my heart melts as I stare up at my perfect husband. A thought suddenly hits me, causing me to panic. "Oh my god, does my mom know?!"

"No, no, she doesn't," he places his hands on my shoulders and stares into my eyes to calm me.

I release the breath of air I had been holding, "okay good."

"But she did give me weird looks as I made this so she probably has some sort of guess."

"And lots of questions," I add.

"That too," he nods in agreement, chuckling. "We can handle that in a moment. First, you need to eat and I need to get dressed."

"You need to eat too," I frown at him as strips from his pajamas and grabs a pair of jeans.

"I already had breakfast a while ago," he informs me. "I came back to bed afterward."