Battle

There are no manga spoilers from here on, so non-manga readers can read it :D

Shouto stood at his post, wondering how you were doing. You were always a stray soul but at the same time you harmonized with everything around you in the oddest way.

You were left with Monoma, which was already irking him, and suddenly he learns that you're going to the Nomu that was captured a few months prior.

It wasn't that you weren't capable. He knew that you were, as he's known you for at least a year by now. It's just that he didn't want you to overwork yourself, between controlling the things around you to having your life force input into another kind-of-living being, he didn't know how you'd take it.

He recalled the time when your room was encased in ice and blood was splattered on your bed. Was that you overworking yourself? What were you doing, exactly?

You said that it was because you couldn't focus, but how many things were on your mind in that moment?

He put his hand over the whale earring, now keychain that hung on his belt.

"That part of your hero outfit's kinda weird," Burnin, one of Endeavour's sidekicks, told him. "What's the whale mean? Isn't your quirk fire and ice?"

"Yes. It was a gift."

"From who? Your girlfriend?"

Shouto thought back to the kiss you two shared and wondered if you thought that the two of you were together or not.

"Y/N, if this all goes well, and we grow up to be whatever we want to be, will you marry me?"

"I guess so."

•••

Aoyama's mother held the phone to her ear, telling All For One where to go to find the user of the quirk he wanted to have.

"Yes, uncle. I will see you." She hung up the phone and Shinso snapped her out of her trance.

Her hands trembled as she collapsed into her husband's arms. "What if he didn't believe me? What if he sensed—"

"He couldn't have," Shinso assured. "You'll be okay. Aoyama and Midoriya are at their post now."

"And you should get there as well," Aizawa instructed. His eyes were softened at the sight of his student, pride swelling in his chest.

Shinso left and Aizawa was helped to his post by Midnight, who grinned at him and comforted, "Your class will be fine, Shota. I've never seen one more capable."

He hummed. "I'm glad you're here, by the way."

"Of course you are."

"Need some help there, Shota?"

Aizawa and Midnight's eyes both widened at the sound of the voice. It was familiar, yet felt like he had never heard it before.

Dark smoke with a sheen of white appeared in front of them and you walked through with Monoma and Present Mic, who's face had been stained with tears.

"Mic? What happened?"

The smoke began to form, taking the shape of a teenage boy. You took Monoma's arm and yanked him out of the room. "Don't interrupt this," you muttered.

A boy of light blue, smokey hair and wounds that appeared as scars appeared before the three teachers.

It was like a stab to the heart, but one that healed in an instant.

"No way..."

•••

Midoriya walked out, meeting Aoyama in front of the dorms. "Aoyama? I thought you were being contained?"